Does anyone live close to me?

bozmom

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 5, 2013
Lubbock, Texas
Hey
I am new to the forum. I have had chicks for about a month and they are growing fast! I have looked around at many of the posts and pictures and I am very excited about finding a community that is so knowledgeable, creative and helpful. I hope that I will be a positive addition and am looking forward to getting to know all of you and your flocks.
The question that I have for you today is: I live in Lubbock, Texas in the city. I have 7 chicks of various breeds.
I do not know which are hens or roosters; 50 50 chance right? I need to find someone in the area that might be able to take the roosters. Not sure the neighbors will appreciate my farm life like I do. My daughter's grandfather in law lives in Amarillo & is willing to take the roosters but it is a 2 hour drive & he will use them for food. If that is my only choice I have made peace with it but I would like to know that I have researched all possibilities. Anyone close?

PSJ

Songster
8 Years
Apr 15, 2011
Sabine Parish, La
Hey
I am new to the forum. I have had chicks for about a month and they are growing fast! I have looked around at many of the posts and pictures and I am very excited about finding a community that is so knowledgeable, creative and helpful. I hope that I will be a positive addition and am looking forward to getting to know all of you and your flocks.
The question that I have for you today is: I live in Lubbock, Texas in the city. I have 7 chicks of various breeds.
I do not know which are hens or roosters; 50 50 chance right? I need to find someone in the area that might be able to take the roosters. Not sure the neighbors will appreciate my farm life like I do. My daughter's grandfather in law lives in Amarillo & is willing to take the roosters but it is a 2 hour drive & he will use them for food. If that is my only choice I have made peace with it but I would like to know that I have researched all possibilities. Anyone close?
There is a Texas thread...come join

Cockle-Dood

Songster
7 Years
Nov 23, 2012
New Waverly, TX
Yeah! Look in the 'where am i, where are you' section of the forum and post in there! There are quite a few of us texans that post in there and we are all willing to help out! Come on by!

Top Bottom