Does greenish tinged coelom fluid mean infection?

OK, she is doing better since I let them out. She’s moving very slowly, but I saw her lay in the sun for a minute, preen for a bit and scratch a little. Seeing her do some normal chicken behaviors is a relief.

Unfortunately, I think she is still very likely on her way out. I’m just trying to provide a little comfort. I don’t want to make her feel worse.

You're doing so much for her, Michelle. I hope it works out, but I have no doubt that you have helped improve her quality of life.

I friggin hate this part of chicken keeping.
Thanks, Aunt Angus. Yes, this is the hard part. I just wish there weren’t so much of it. Lucky is 5 1/2. I know a lot of them tend to go around this age, but I don’t want to lose her right now. I didn’t want her to die while I was out of town. I was hoping to get her feeling a little bit better before I left and then if she has to go after that, at least I could be here to comfort her.

Thanks, Aunt Angus. Yes, this is the hard part. I just wish there weren’t so much of it. Lucky is 5 1/2. I know a lot of them tend to go around this age, but I don’t want to lose her right now. I didn’t want her to die while I was out of town. I was hoping to get her feeling a little bit better before I left and then if she has to go after that, at least I could be here to comfort her.
:hugs :hugs:hugs

Keep her close the next few days. Tell her you're sorry to leave her a bit but will be back soon. Do you have family or a close chicken friend who will check in on her?
Thanks. Unfortunately, I’m back at work tomorrow and the days are so short that I get home after they’ve already gone to roost. I will give her a little TLC today and every morning until I leave.

I can ask my husband and daughter to check in on her, but they won’t be able to tell if anything is wrong unless she is too weak to get into the coop at night or dies while I’m gone.

All eight of them are just sort of resting in their favorite spot right now, so hopefully she’s enjoying the rest with her friends around her. Later in the afternoon, when they like to come out and forage, we’ll see how she’s feeling then.

Underlying health issue, and a failing liver is a pretty significant one, complicate recovery, but Lucky may surprise us by coming out of this crisis and living a normal life for a while longer.

No, this flush would not kill her. I predict by later this afternoon, she will be showing a lot more energy.

Underlying health issue, and a failing liver is a pretty significant one, complicate recovery, but Lucky may surprise us by coming out of this crisis and living a normal life for a while longer.

No, this flush would not kill her. I predict by later this afternoon, she will be showing a lot more energy.
Yes, you never know. Remember, Ruby surprised us over and over again.

Thanks. Unfortunately, I’m back at work tomorrow and the days are so short that I get home after they’ve already gone to roost. I will give her a little TLC today and every morning until I leave.

I can ask my husband and daughter to check in on her, but they won’t be able to tell if anything is wrong unless she is too weak to get into the coop at night or dies while I’m gone.

All eight of them are just sort of resting in their favorite spot right now, so hopefully she’s enjoying the rest with her friends around her. Later in the afternoon, when they like to come out and forage, we’ll see how she’s feeling then.
I had to host our high school's prom last year while I was trying to nurse a couple of weak chicks back to health. I was *this close* to going for just a few minutes to make sure everything was set up before leaving. But things happened: the caterer was VERY late, the DJ had trouble getting set up, the entire dance floor had to be moved, etc. When I hot home late that night, one had died, but the other made it and is still going strong. I hate having to choose between work and our flocks, but in our line of work, we've got flocks of kids depending on us. I still feel badly about the baby who passed, but I know I did that I had to do. It just sucks.

And Myrtle made it!
20220830_193523.jpg

Back
Top Bottom