Dog attack - lost turkeys & ducks - Update pg 8

UPDATE: Still no Gibbs
hit.gif

I managed to catch my last two blue hens and put them in a pen.
Denozo is still alive. I caught him and put him in a pen also. He is still standing on his own - so hopefully he will pull thru
fl.gif
only time will tell.
My blue drake - is moving around some - good sign.
My black drake - has perked up some but is still laying down with neck stretched out.
idunno.gif

I will let you know what tomorrow brings. I appreciate everyone's support
hugs.gif

Hopefully we will be able to catch the dogs soon.

Quote:
yea - I know what you mean. I know it sounds bad but I am out for blood. The sad thing is I know it isn't the dog's fault but the irresponsible owner that has neglected to keep their roaming dog at home. I have a feeling I know whose dog it is - we had issues before with one chasing our buffalo calf.
The owner of this particular dog, doesn't even feed his dog but has put the responsibility of that onto his neighbor who is an older gentleman that just feels for the dog - so he cares for it. This guy won't return my messages and is never home.
rant.gif

If he doesn't even feed the dog, then it's really not even his. A humane shooting might be the best thing for it. Better than starving. Poor thing.

So sorry this happened to you.
hugs.gif

I have to say, I LOVE your birds' names - we're huge NCIS fans. I love that your Abby was savvie enough to escape.
Hope your other survivors thrive.

Quote:
LOL!! Thanks - My DD just rolled her eyes every time we got a new one and I named them after one of the characters from NCIS. We have Ducky also - he is a young chick at the moment.
It sucks sooooo bad that this happened. As you can tell I was very attached to ALL of them. Now I have to start all over.
he.gif

Amanda,

I am so sorry. I know how upsetting it is. I hope the ones that survived continue to get better.

My cousin has been to court several times this year because he walked out of his house and a dog was killing his chickens. He got his shotgun and shot the dogs but it didn't kill them. The dogs belong to some rich fellows who were leasing land across the road for them to deer hunt. The first judge told my cousin that he couldn't do anything right now but was going to do all he can do to get him prosecuted. My cousin's wife told me in passing last week they have been to court all over the state.

Jackie

hugs.gif
oh my gosh!!!! i am soooo sorry to hear that!!!!! i had coyotes whip out my 2 ducks, and about 6 chickens about a month ago..... ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

such a horrible thing. your babies were sooooo beautiful im sooooo sorry!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom