Dog birthday party!

Lemon-Drop

Let Your Light Shine ~ Matthew 5:16 🤍✝️
Mar 5, 2021
Western Washington
My Coop
My Coop
Hi! My dogs birthdays are on April 18th and April 20th. (A Monday and Wednesday)

Their names are Finley and Oliver, and they’re turning 11. They are a toy(Finley) and mini(Oliver) poodles.

I’m planning to throw their birthday party on the weekend (Saturday) after, so they don’t feel jealous that I’d be celebrating on one birthday and not the other.

I’m planning to make pup cakes for them (not too many, of course) and invite their friends, Abigail and Jerry.

Suggestions? Ideas?

I’ve never thrown a pupday party before!

(I also couldn’t resist picking up this toy at the food bank where I volunteer, I give him his breakfast in it)

What games or activities would they like? Finley and Oliver aren’t super playful.

Party favor ideas?

Pup cake recipes?

Other fun things?

Attachments

• 1E7B71F4-AF3C-4C0D-9AF9-DC5A11C87A69.jpeg
    1E7B71F4-AF3C-4C0D-9AF9-DC5A11C87A69.jpeg
    260.9 KB · Views: 19
  • CF0BF12D-181B-403A-BEF7-081726014B93.jpeg
    CF0BF12D-181B-403A-BEF7-081726014B93.jpeg
    347.3 KB · Views: 7
Aw, I love throwing dog birthday parties!

I like to get out all the tennis balls and place them on a mufin pan with treats underneath. It makes their brains work and they get a yummy treat.
I also have lots of other puzzle toys, which my Yorkie loves.

For a "dessert" I make cheesy sausage balls. Just about any recipe will work as long as the ingredients are simple and you don't add any seasonings. All you really is need ground beef and cheese. Most dog treat recipes have peanuts (which I'm allergic to) and other ingredients that may upset some dogs stomachs, so this has always worked best for me.
Just be sure to not give them too many of course. For their size, about one tablespoon sized sausage ball should be good.

And I love to decorate with balloons, banners, and other props for photoshoots
4142164995884937960.jpg
Resized_20210301_084418.jpeg

Happy Birthday Finley and Oliver!! :woot🎂 🐶 🐶

11 yrs old is impressive! May they both have many more years to come!

Lots of party hats, toys, dog bisquits oh and pee pads for those that get too excited. :lol:

Aw, I love throwing dog birthday parties!

I like to get out all the tennis balls and place them on a mufin pan with treats underneath. It makes their brains work and they get a yummy treat.
I also have lots of other puzzle toys, which my Yorkie loves.
I love the tennis ball idea!
For a "dessert" I make cheesy sausage balls. Just about any recipe will work as long as the ingredients are simple and you don't add any seasonings. All you really is need ground beef and cheese. Most dog treat recipes have peanuts (which I'm allergic to) and other ingredients that may upset some dogs stomachs, so this has always worked best for me.
Just be sure to not give them too many of course. For their size, about one tablespoon sized sausage ball should be good.
That sounds nice! My sister is allergic to nuts, so definitely have been avoiding all the peanut butter recipes.
And I love to decorate with balloons, banners, and other props for photoshoots
That's a great idea! I probably won't do photo shoots, but I'd like to make it festive!
Oh my goodness! So adorable! :love
Happy Birthday Finley and Oliver!! :woot🎂 🐶 🐶

11 yrs old is impressive! May they both have many more years to come!
Hopefully! Unfortunately Oliver has some health problems, but he's still going strong! (Addisons, Degenerative Disc Disease, etc)
Lots of party hats, toys, dog bisquits oh and pee pads for those that get too excited. :lol:
*Adds to list* Thanks for all the ideas!

Hi! My dogs birthdays are on April 18th and April 20th. (A Monday and Wednesday)

Their names are Finley and Oliver, and they’re turning 11. They are a toy(Finley) and mini(Oliver) poodles.

I’m planning to throw their birthday party on the weekend (Saturday) after, so they don’t feel jealous that I’d be celebrating on one birthday and not the other.

I’m planning to make pup cakes for them (not too many, of course) and invite their friends, Abigail and Jerry.

Suggestions? Ideas?

I’ve never thrown a pupday party before!

(I also couldn’t resist picking up this toy at the food bank where I volunteer, I give him his breakfast in it)

What games or activities would they like? Finley and Oliver aren’t super playful.

Party favor ideas?

Pup cake recipes?

Other fun things?
Wow!

Happy late birthday 🥳!

I love the tennis ball idea!

That sounds nice! My sister is allergic to nuts, so definitely have been avoiding all the peanut butter recipes.

That's a great idea! I probably won't do photo shoots, but I'd like to make it festive!

Oh my goodness! So adorable! :love

Hopefully! Unfortunately Oliver has some health problems, but he's still going strong! (Addisons, Degenerative Disc Disease, etc)

*Adds to list* Thanks for all the ideas!
Oh I am so sorry about Oliver. :hugs Its so common at this age for dogs to have bone loss and degenerative discs. 11 is quite old for many dogs. Give him some ear scratches and belly rubs for me. :love

Harnesses are so nice to use instead of collars. Very good selection, I think you should get them!
Thanks! When on walks we like to use the harnesses, because they like to pull (They're not the best trained, but we love them) and then they start wheezing. (It might have something to do with their breed, I'm not entirely sure)

Back
Top Bottom