Dog chat!

Which of these dog breeds do do you prefer?

• Total voters
Pics
I don't nessecarily agree with all opinions in this article- mainly posting for the picture examples of "then vs now"

http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2015/04/02/dog-breeds-1915-vs-2015.aspx

I agree held my Belgians very near and dear same today as 1890 when Dr. Rule discovered them many gsd people are going back to Germany for progeny to a square built dog they came from is sickens me to have breeds that neither breed or whelp of their own here I will step down from my soapbox

Diamond (Black Labrador) and her doggy friend, Max. (Australian shepherd.)
FullSizeR (18).jpg

Thank you
The two big shelters here ask more in adoption fees then I do for our puppies.

So crazy. I work for a rescue My area. We do a lot of work with shelters in the larger metro area, helping them with behavioral issue dogs, training, enrichment, etc. So we are in a lot of shelters and rescues...some places are insane with what they ask for their dogs. Then wonder why they are full and none are being adopted.

Our rescue asks for a donation towards the cost of care that the animal has received- our median donation that we get is 130, but if I believe you are a good home that will take care of the animal I have no problem with a 20$ donation. We also offer lifetime behavioral care (any issues the dog had with us or any issues that could develop down the road we will provide training classes and assistance free of charge). We will take our animals back 100% of the time if you are no longer able to keep them. We will also help out people who have fallen on hard times, weather that be someone on a fixed income who can no longer afford dog food, vet care, etc. or someone who can't afford emergency vet care and needs help fundraising.

Large shelters wonder why they have such a bad retention rate of animals placed into homes, and it's because they are placing animals into inappropriate homes for that particular animal/family, and don't provide any aftercare services. Or they do provide aftercare services but they expect the owners to pay for them, after they've already forked over a 300$ "adoption fee" :he

Okay sorry. Stepping off my soap box now. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom