Dog chat!

Which of these dog breeds do do you prefer?

• Total voters
Pics
Any guess what Scarlett is? Lady I got her from said that Mom was a stray but daddy was their Red Doberman pincer. She look like she had Shepard or husky in her too? I'll never know for certain but thought
IMG_20170915_222111.jpg
I'd see what you all think.
She's a darn good dog! Very much loved by me.

Attachments

• Puzzle_1505839840282.jpg
    Puzzle_1505839840282.jpg
    317.7 KB · Views: 7
Ain't that the truth!!! My chihuahua was saved last minute from getting put down for biting. That was 10 or so years ago. He will growl and warn you if your a stranger trying to pick him up and if you insist and pick him up he will bite. Never bitten me or any of my family though so :confused:
My 13 pound Chaweenie was rescued by me at just over a year old due to aggression. The people that had him (my brother and his wife, we no longer speak) were going to put him down for fear biting. They got this puppy from a "no kill" shelter when he was the size of your hand and raised him to be a monster, then they made an appointment with the same "no kill" shelter to put him down due to the aggression. He was due to die on a Saturday and I got him on the Wednesday before then. About a month later, they went BACK to that shelter and got 2 more puppies...

This little rat was so paranoid and defensive that I couldn't touch him for the first week I had him and it was about 6 months before he stopped cringing every time we moved. Now, he cuddles, rough houses, and even forgave me when he ripped his claw off at the base of the quick and I had to cut it the rest of the way off....

@Kusanar all in how we respond to them so happy you saved him :hugs
He was a little monster when I got him. He started snarling at me, I tugged on his leash, he thrashed backwards and managed to get out of the badly fitting harness they had him in, I had to tackle him to catch him... I got bit, bled some, he screamed bloody murder and peed on himself...
I had to keep him tied up because as soon as I walked near him (within 10 feet) he would put his hackles up, tuck his tail and start snarling at me... So, I would have to walk to where his leash was tied, and then slowly work my way to where he was holding the leash UP so it was stretching his neck up a little (kind of in a show dog stance) so that I could snap his actual leash on him and go work with him, then I had to do the same thing to put him back... That lasted about a week before I could actually touch him... It also helped that it was late fall and I had him in the barn due to not wanting an aggressive little monster chewing my ankles off in my house, so it started getting cold and he figured out that cuddling was warm...

I have a little rat dog (Chaweenie) that looks like a min pin... I'm more of a big dog person, but I got him because my brother was going to put him down for being aggressive when that's the way they raised him. He wasn't really aggressive, he was scared of his own shadow and would rather run from you, but when you insisted on getting close to him he would lunge and bite. Took me about a month to get him to let me treat him like a normal dog and close to a year before he stopped freaking out if you tripped over him or he knocked something over and it fell toward him. I couldn't even touch him for a week or 2 and he would start snarling and putting hackles up if you got within about 10 feet... Now, he cuddles, rough houses, rides in the car, we made him a raft so he can go to the river with us without having to get wet.... Wasn't anything wrong with the dog that a little training couldn't fix...

your such a nice person one of my so called friends said that all small dogs are loud and mean and all pitbulls are mean and a dog that has bitten anybody has to be killed but I have a dog that has bitten me twice once when I was trying to get a cooked bone out of her mouth and I put my finger in her mouth she didn't try to bite me it just happened the other time was because there was a cow ( my dog hates horses cows and deer she also has anxiety) and I put my hand on the leash and she always bites the leash when theres a cow but anyways I put my hand on the leash and she turned around to bite the leash and she bit my hand so yeah its healed it wasn't that bad anyways. my dog is very sweet when theres no cows horses or deer and I love her sooooooo much my keeps saying how annoying she is and asking when we are gonna get rid of her I just say we are never gonna get rid of her I love her to much and there are reasons she like this just go and check out my other posts

your such a nice person one of my so called friends said that all small dogs are loud and mean and all pitbulls are mean and a dog that has bitten anybody has to be killed but I have a dog that has bitten me twice once when I was trying to get a cooked bone out of her mouth and I put my finger in her mouth she didn't try to bite me it just happened the other time was because there was a cow ( my dog hates horses cows and deer she also has anxiety) and I put my hand on the leash and she always bites the leash when theres a cow but anyways I put my hand on the leash and she turned around to bite the leash and she bit my hand so yeah its healed it wasn't that bad anyways. my dog is very sweet when theres no cows horses or deer and I love her sooooooo much my keeps saying how annoying she is and asking when we are gonna get rid of her I just say we are never gonna get rid of her I love her to much and there are reasons she like this just go and check out my other posts
You know your fur baby best... Keeping on loving her to heck what anyone else says .

Back
Top Bottom