dog killed 15 hens and one is left with dog 2 dog bites. I have baytril. but not sure what to use.

Here is my hen. She is about 13 weeks or so. Her comb was not red before the dog attack. And her waddles are just now turning pink. That is not very visible on this photo. What do you think?

She does seem a bit slow on growing out her comb and wattles. They look so small that maybe they can't get pink yet. Her comb looks at least to me, immature in growth. So if the comb is too small to have blood flow. These are my thoughts. someone else may have another opinion.

Is she a small girl for her age. ?
and what kind is she. ?

Thanks.

She is a black sexlink. And about 13 weeks old. She is my larger hen of my 2 sexlinks. They are the same age and the smaller one is redder. And maybe a bit larger comb and wattle but not by much. It was my understanding they were from the same rooster and hen. But I am beginning to wonder.

Towel dried her. Does she need to be completely dry? She is almost dry to the touch. Couldn't get any pictures of her because I did "therapy" all by myself. LOL. She had a flapping wing fit that I lost hold of her wings. OMG. Scared me. She was able to stand almost right in the water. :). Guess we will be doing this treatment again tomorrow.

It's water therapy time. How long should we "play" in the water? How warm/cool should the water be?
Well, I use lukewarm water for Whispers. time for "play" is what do you think, about ten minutes, ?

Oh.........I am so glad the water therapy was helpful for her to stand in. ..The water makes her bouyant and helps her to stand a little easier.
AND she was standing,,,yeah....
If your house is not really cool, I think the towel dry is just right.
I could feel Whispers shiver, so then I would use the hair blower.

I had never heard of the breed Black Sex Link. this page shows a picture of your girl. https://www.backyardchickens.com/products/black-sex-link-chicken

Says they are a cross between a Rhode Island Red or New Hampshire...?
So what are they exactly. A what and a what?

Your girl is pretty, and the pictures of them when older they show very pretty. I would want some now too.

Some people shop for purses or shoes, I like to look at chicken pictures, it is sooooo obsessive.

I have a Show Girl. She does not have a name yet. I will watch her and from her behavoiur name her. At first I thought well you know, "she has a nice personality" type thing going...I just reallly really hope she is not a rooster.

She is a black sexlink. And about 13 weeks old. She is my larger hen of my 2 sexlinks. They are the same age and the smaller one is redder. And maybe a bit larger comb and wattle but not by much. It was my understanding they were from the same rooster and hen. But I am beginning to wonder.
I just found it on the link.
Black Sex Link chicken
By:
chicken
Description:
Black sex-link (also called Black Stars) are a cross between a Rhode Island Red or New Hampshire rooster and a Barred Rock hen. Both sexes hatch out black, but the males have a white dot on their heads. Pullets feather out black with some red in neck feathers. Males feather out with the Barred Rock pattern along with a few red feathers. Black Sex-Links are often referred to as Rock Reds. They are planned crosses, which are hardier and more productive than their parents' respective breeds. The Sex Link Hybrid is the result of crossing two purebred standard breeds. This hybrid makes for very vigorous chicks, rugged brown egg laying hens and good cockerel fryers. These are extremely high in demand from our Asian community. Black Sex Links lay brown eggs. Class: Crossbreds Egg Color: Brown

I am sorry I haven't been on here in a few days to update about my injured hen. I have been down with some stomach thing and hoping that it is not chicken related!

Back
Top Bottom