Dog lovers, please help finding a missing dog

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by saxet, Sep 28, 2010.

1. saxet

saxet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2010
    TX
    One of my dogs went to her new home this past weekend, 1200 miles north of me, in Fairfax County Virginia, Springfield area. She ran off yesterday (monday) morning. Her new family has alerted all the usual venues: posters, vets, shelters, animal control, police, mailmen, fedex, and the neighborhood. But still, any suggestion or any crosspost that might help to bring her home is greatly appreciated. Kwinta is a 3 year old Dutch Shepherd b i t c h. Currently unwilling to be caught and no doubt looking for her 'real' family. Last sighting yesterday afternoon, but she has to be somewhere. She is chipped, has a collar and tags. Dark (almost black) brindle, 60 lbs, looks like a lighter version of a German Shepherd. Help! What else can I do? (will travel up there if that would help, but I need a sighting first)

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Sending this off to DD, she lives in that area and has a vet. close by. Lots of friendly animal people up that way so hopefully they will get her back.

3. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
  4. noahsgeese

noahsgeese Border Collie

Nov 30, 2009
    Virginia
    Is it in Virginia?

5. saxet

saxet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2010
    TX
    Yes. Springfield Virginia.
    She has been spotted again, which is hopeful, but as of this moment, she has not allowed herself to be caught yet (and she runs when her name is called, the opposite of her normal behavior)

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  6. noahsgeese

noahsgeese Border Collie

Nov 30, 2009
    Virginia
    I am not very near to there but I will look out!

7. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Oh no! I'm nowhere near that area so unfortunately I can't help search, but I am hoping the best and sending good thoughts! [​IMG] May someone be able to catch her very soon and get her back to her new owners! How scary, it's always such a distressing thing when these sorts of things happen. Best of luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by