Dog problems

Yes take care of the dog on your property not dump it somewheres else. Or else have better protection for your chickens. I forget to shut the coop last night, I fell asleep. A pack of coyotes woke me early in the wee hours and then I remembered my chicken coop door was open. No way was I going out there. I dont own a gun. I went out later and 9 of my 12 hens were gone. Just a few feathers were left scattered about. One ate my chicken right on her nest in the coop. Those $#@#@#%$
My sons dog keeps eating my chickens now and then he gets one. I think Im going to give up for now with raising chickens. I will wait untill I have a better fenceing in place. This is too depressing to be loseing them to predators all the time. Mostly my sons dog and then the coyotes now.I am feeling I just dont care anymore and I use to really enjoy them. We shall see in the future if I can get a better containment for them. Its not cheap. Im a middle age woman and its hard work installing fences. I may have to call it quits or maybe get some bantams and not free range them but keep them in a coop all the time. I did really like haveing chickens. We shall see. Sorry about the dog problem you are haveing. It is frustrateing to try to raise animals outside. A farmer I know raises extra birds and throws them out to feed the coyotes and hawks so they leave his flock alone. It works well for him. But he has thousands of birds so he can afford to do that.

Back
Top Bottom