Dog the Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Absolutely not. My kids also don't use it. I know people say that, but I was there when a family member used that word in front of my 12 yo daughter and she said, "What is that?" I then sat there staring at them and watched them be humiliated and have to explain what a bad word it was and then apologize to her for saying it. My kids aren't home-schooled and they aren't overly sheltered. But, there are certain things that are not acceptable under any circumstances and that is one of them.

Quote:
You do know that he's not allowed to carry a gun because he is a convicted felon?? He served his time, and I am not saying he is a bad person, but felons aren't allowed to carry guns.

However, there is something wrong with someone that is racist. Plain and simple. Something's not right and that's why we don't watch the show anymore.

Shelly

Last edited:
Quote:
Absolutely not. My kids also don't use it. I know people say that, but I was there when a family member used that word in front of my 12 yo daughter and she said, "What is that?" I then sat there staring at them and watched them be humiliated and have to explain what a bad word it was and then apologize to her for saying it. My kids aren't home-schooled and they aren't overly sheltered. But, there are certain things that are not acceptable under any circumstances and that is one of them.

Quote:
You do know that he's not allowed to carry a gun because he is a convicted felon?? He served his time, and I am not saying he is a bad person, but felons aren't allowed to carry guns.

However, there is something wrong with someone that is racist. Plain and simple. Something's not right and that's why we don't watch the show anymore.

Shelly

I wouldnt call him racist because he dropped the N bomb. Ive heard their own race uses it so does that make them racistest against their own race? Ive heard people use the lords name in vain but do they hate the lord? No.
People say dumb things when they get angry. I know I say a lot I shouldnt when I get mad. I ask for forgiveness and I hope to recieve it.
smile.png

As far as him being a felon I applaud him for doing his time, seeing what he did wrong, and then TRYING to make a difference in other crimimals lives. He can relate with them.

At the risk of starting something that can go WAY wrong, as many post have these days....

It is such a shame that these innocent threads seem to take a negative turn. One (or a few) person(s) can ruin it for all...
smack.gif

Last edited:
Most of the Chapmans have had their bad times, they use them as an example of "NOT GOOD" and they can clearly relate to their arrests.

WIth the gun issues, ALL the chapmans have said the same thing "THEY DO NOT WANT TO USE GUNS, THEY DO NOT LIKE TO USE THEM" instead they use mace but when things get pass a danger level, they use paint guns. They got permission to use guns but they don't want to use them.

Easy people it is just a show whether real or not, let people be entertained. I personally have only watched it once when my wife was trying to find something other than news. I don't watch much TV. I guess it is ok but it is too staged even if real for me, I really don't care for any TV. It is a credit that Dog found a honest living after serving his time.

I'm not a fan of reality shows, I saw this one recently and although it does have it's entertainment value you can tell too much of it is set up. There is no way they would get the "perfect" shots they do at times without a lot of planning.

On the post where Home makeover is mentioned, I lost ALL respect for that show when they chose the family they did in El Paso. Their house was falling apart because she CHOSE to quite her job to support the poor in Juarez MX. They didn't have the money to fix it up because of their poor choices, not loosing jobs etc. to the economy. The other family in the finals deserved to win.

I'd rather watch Dog try and clean up the streets than EHMO support those who don't need it.

Last edited:
My DH and I watched it last night and they had baby Lisa and Beau's wedding. I was in tears most of the wedding because they kept showing Dog wiping away his tears. And, when he gave Lisa a little blue fish, that was his other daughter's, who was killed the day before Dog and Beth's wedding, that started the tears flowing.
hit.gif

I do like the fact that they pray before starting each day.

It is good to see that a person who has been on the wrong side of the law, is trying to turn other people's lives around.

Quote:
Oh when they showed Dogs and Beths wedding and he found out his daughter died....
*que the water works*
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

Every time he tucked away in a corner to burst into tears
hit.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Shelly

please read what was said carefully... I never said that YOU have used the N-bomb I did say that I am sure that you have said worse things when you thought no one was looking and for the most part this is a true statement... I am sure that you have called someone a name or swore when your children were not present. please dont take this as a personal attack because I do not mean it to come off that way... but for sure you have said something in anger at least once in your life that after it was said you said to your self "opps open mouth insert foot"

and for the guns reference, I dont care if he is a convicted felon or not that was not the statement... the statement was that he does not use them! i dont care the reason legality, technicality, or personal choice, but the point is he is showing that you dont need to use guns, there are far to many shows and stars solving their problems with guns.

Notorious B.I.G.
50 Cent
tu-pac
Robert blake
C-Murder
Don King
Phil Spector
Jayson Williams

just to name a few...

Back
Top Bottom