Dog up the road and the loss of a JG

Pics
Tortious...honey I wanna explain something to you. Something to think about. In a court of law all that old man in a wheel chair would/could get would be the replacement value of his dog. So I’ll guess a cocker spaniel would be what 500 dollars? Max.
Perhaps just perhaps a kind judge would give him pain and suffering. In small claims court there is a cap on damages. In my state it’s 2000 dollars. If you were to ask that man what amount of money he would take for his dog...I’m going to say he’d say the dog was priceless and to him I’m sure that dog was. You say sue them. It just doesn’t come close to watching a pack of dogs rip your pet apart. Some dogs deserve to be shot.
Honey, my point is, it's not the animals fault for being and doing what is natural too them. Idiot people need to be held responsible for the actions of their animals that the human brought into their life and home and are responsible for. Your not making the human pay by blaming and punishing the dog! No matter how it's spun, it's not the dogs fault! It's quicker and easier to punish the animal. But the easy way is not the right way!

It sucked because that dog was my shadow for ten years. If I went to the bathroom he sat outside the door. He slept in my bed. He was a 110 lb Doberman. He had a brain tumor. I cried for days, years really. It's been seven.

That said, a dogs life is not worth more than a chickens life. Period.
I understand your loss, I too have a loss of a four legged best friend that has been gone over 20 years and it hits me like it was yesterday. I never said a dogs life is more important then a chickens. I own tortoises, lizards and a dog. They all are just as important as the next. When I finally get my chickens, they too will be a part of the family, and just as important as the next. My point is only that the dog should not be punished for being a dog when it's the owners of the dog that messed up and should pay, not the dog!

No, you don't stand by and watch another animal get killed, ever! But you don't need to kill to save the animal either.
I'm real curious what you would of done in that situation?
How could I of stopped them other then shooting them?
IDK if you've ever witnessed a dog attacking but they get so focused that they zone out any yelling or screaming you're doing and if you try to make contact with them of get close enough to hit them with something you run a real risk of being bitten or mauled yourself.
In a situation like that seconds can mean loss of life for your animals. It has to be stopped and everything is a whirlwind. Not much time for a lot of options.

Shooting the dog punishes the dog. Heartless people shoots a dog who's owner is the responsible one. Hit them in the pocket and they will learn to keep their dog under control.
If you shot my dog it would be the human my gun would be pointed at. However, I take care of ALL my animals which means they stay within my own property!

Hmmm ... let's break this down a little bit ...

So let's say I have chickens on my property ... your dog comes over and kills my chicken(s) ... and I end up shooting your dog ... your saying you would come over and shoot me???

REALLY???

Somehow it's seems right in your eyes for to you to defend your dogs being killed, by using a gun yourself ... but, If I use a gun to defend my chickens from being killed, it's wrong???

Please explain this part of the post I quoted ...
"If you shot my dog it would be the human my gun would be pointed at."

So let's say I have chickens on my property ... your dog comes over and kills my chicken(s) ... and I end up shooting your dog ... your saying you would come over and shoot me???

REALLY???

Somehow it's seems right in your eyes for to you to defend your dogs being killed, by using a gun yourself ... but, If I use a gun to defend my chickens from being killed, it's wrong???

I caught that to.
Very dangerous attitude.
If someone has the right to kill your dog for killing their livestock what do you think their rights are when someone comes onto their property and points a gun at them?
So you have someone that couldn't kill a dog that is killing livestock with a gun brandished and someone that just killed a dog to protect their property also armed.
How do you think that's gonna end?

If you shot my dog it would be the human my gun would be pointed at.
Hmmm.

IDK if you've ever witnessed a dog attacking but they get so focused that they zone out any yelling or screaming you're doing and if you try to make contact with them of get close enough to hit them with something you run a real risk of being bitten or mauled yourself.
Good point. Dog fight is a scary, scary thing.

When I finally get my chickens,
So you don't even have chickens, so have not lost one to a marauding dog.
Curious @Tortoise have you always lived in the city?

REALLY???

You got it right. My dog/animals are more important then the idiot shooting my dog. I love animals, I dislike humans!
Hmmm.

Good point. Dog fight is a scary, scary thing.

So you don't even have chickens, so have not lost one to a marauding dog.
Curious @Tortoise have you always lived in the city?
Nope. Had chickens, ducks, rabbits, horses, pot belly pig, dogs, cats, birds, goats, fish, now lizards, tortoises, dog and will have chickens.
I love all animals, dislike humans.
Will try too answer all quoted posts and then I'm out. Not going to keep beating it too death. We will never agree as I won't kill and eat a pet either!
To break up the fight I will take the bites! Yes, done it before.

If your my family or friend, I got your back always and am very kind, caring and giving and one of the most honest people you'll meet. Stranger, don't give two cents about ya, but I do your animals almost as much as my own.
Again, it's the owners fault not the dog, which is my whole point!
I'm done, hope I answered all, I won't respond back on this thread as we were asked a long time ago to move on.

Americans and their guns!!! Such an interesting culture you folks have.
F1A01C11-70A0-46E1-95C2-19C88D96A276.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom