Doing a Necropsy STARTING NOW (Smudge, Cornish X) Edit: Got histopathology results

What form is this disinfectant? All I can find is the tablets.

I'm letting a friend of my dad's borrow my doggy crate for a bullied hen, & a disinfectant like this will be handy once the crate is returned.
I believe it is tablet form and you have to mix it with water.

I probably should have used better wording, but since the pathologist said that it's "most likely" that just makes sense. So instead of "pretty clear" I should have said it makes sense.
Both LL and Marek's are oncogenic viruses though, so it could be either and I am just talking to hear the sound of my own voice. :)
Thanks. That's what I read it as but wasn't sure.

I'd also like to add that I think I've decided not to get viral testing.
A toxin really doesn't make any sense to me. If Smudge found it Doodle would have found it 100%, so she would have been affected as well. They were in the same housing, same feed, same environment.
Plus, I was never good at biosecurity. I really only started reading about it a month or so before the incident. I wouldn't be surprised if I picked something up.
Ordered Lysol, and have setup a biosecurity plan going forward. Thanks so much for your help everyone!
You bird didn't eat a toxin. It had Marek's or LL.

According to Merck, Mycotoxins can cause spots on the liver.
That’s what a previous poster said, 1-2 pages ago I believe. I reread the results and noticed it mentioned something other than the liver making them think it was AVL. I then assumed that’s why the possibly of a mycotoxin wasn’t mentioned on the results.

That’s what a previous poster said, 1-2 pages ago I believe. I reread the results and noticed it mentioned something other than the liver making them think it was AVL. I then assumed that’s why the possibly of a mycotoxin wasn’t mentioned on the results.
I didn't see that their post.

I will have to have a look back, & read the paper again, & go back to Merck to compare.

Are you planning to get Viral Testing done?

That's true, but the pathology report shows these nodules were made up of lymphoid cancer cells, and that it was likely to be due to AVL or Marek's disease.
Ya, thats the part I missed initaily. After I reread I noticed that and realised that a mycotoxin was not the cuase. I'm assuming the previous poster missed that as well.
I didn't see that their post.

I will have to have a look back, & read the paper again, & go back to Merck to compare.

Are you planning to get Viral Testing done?
I'm not. After reading the part in the report about the lymphoid cancer cells, I figured it was definitely something viral. I don't feel the need to do additional testing just to determine which. I'll close the flock and treat it as if its Mareks, but hope they are right and its AVL.
Thanks everyone so much for your help! I really appreciate it. I never would have considered a Neocropsy, or any of this if BYC wasn't there to be my rock. Everyone here has been so helpful.

Back
Top Bottom