don't know if she will make it through the night! Need Help NOWWWWW!!!!!

Yeah I am going to check again if she is egg bound. I am not sure, it has been a long night. she was acting weird in the morning but she does that I thought nothing of it. this is the first time I have seen her not bouncing off the walls, I thought it was weird so I brought her inside.

Yes, she could be sick from something, but chickens don't get "colds". Intense cold can lower their resistance and they can get sick if the right germs come along. If that's what's going on, she may need an antibiotic. Do you have any on hand? People penicillin or amoxicillin work with chickens. If you have an aquarium store in your town, you can buy some from them that are for fish but work great for chickens.

Have you checked her crop as @IvanK suggested? A sour crop can make a chicken very sick and skinny, too. If the crop is full and squishy feeling, this could be the problem. You need to feel it again in the morning. If it's still the same, not empty as it ought to be, this may be what we need to treat.

Her butt bones are very close together I think she hasn't played in a few days!!!! We have so many green egg chickens I thought she was laying like all of them. she really needs to sleep so I am going to bed her down still feeling nothing hard around her vent besides bones but I think they are supposed to be ther.

Okay. The crop is the gizzerd right? Like the chest. I want to make sure I am feeling the right thing. also if it is then it is squishy and kinda like Idk like there is nothing in there. she is breathing heavily and I think you are on to something.

Okay. The crop is the gizzerd right? Like the chest. I want to make sure I am feeling the right thing. also if it is then it is squishy and kinda like Idk like there is nothing in there. she is breathing heavily and I think you are on to something.
The crop is the first stop after the hen eats. If it becomes blocked (impacted), the hen cannot pass food further into her digestive system. Eventually the contents will go sour as the food inside begins to ferment and rot. How does her breath smell? Is it foul smelling? A sour crop smells pretty terrible (detected by foul breathe) and should feel like a warm water balloon or "squishy" as azygous mentioned. Is this what she feels like...also keep in mind this is better diagnosed in the morning because if she ate today, there should be food in there.

IMG_20180102_234303.jpg

I am not sure if she ate the I just saw her acting like this now (I was studying for a test all day) well around like 9:00 now all she wants to do is sleep. I did feed them today so they had food I will smell her breath tomorrow buzz she is asleep.

It is like pudding but like I are 1\2 of it and yeah not the chicken the pudding. Like I ate pudding and then what was left over was her crop. soo it is kinda mt. I am going to bed but I will be online tomorrow prob w/ more pics.

I think she might of just barfed.?!
This is sounding more and more like a crop issue. Does it smell bad?
I think she might of just barfed.?!
This is sounding more like a crop issue. Take note of how full it is now and then compare it in the morning. If it is just or almost as full, you'll know what's going on.

Back
Top Bottom