don't know if she will make it through the night! Need Help NOWWWWW!!!!!

Whoa tnx I am going to put her somewhere warmer and I am going to give her electrolytes. We also have probiotics. Should I give that also??

Oh oops I have her some potato and squash cuz it was mushy and she wouldn't eat anything else but she only ate like 1tsp so.. I think that's okay I am going to give her a message thing and then put her in with some water.

So I am going to give another short bath she got poop all over her and last night she really liked it it so I thought I would try it.

IMG_20180103_093959.jpg
IMG_20180103_093959.jpg IMG_20180103_093951.jpg

Those wings down like that worry me. It's like she can't coordinate and is falling forward. I've seen that happen with a severely impacted crop where the bird was emaciated and the heavy crop was tipping them forward but I'm also concerned this may be Marek's Disease and she perhaps has a tumour which is causing her to waste away. How old is she? And was I right in thinking you were meaning she is very underweight? We need to understand exactly what state she is in and what her symptoms are in order to help, so you need to be very clear about answering questions that are asked. A few of your replies have been difficult to understand because of predictive text or some other technical issue.

Okay she is very bony and light. She is about one year old. she is an americana (I think). her crop feels like it is full of water and she can't stand up. she is lethargic, and right now I think she is sleeping. This morning she was hot and panting now she is cold and sleep. She lives with 2 Anconas 1 sultan 1 snowy ee 1 jersey giant and 1 other americana. I have massaged her 2 times today. And she has not eaten more then a lot of water and 1 tsp of squash and potato. Which I didn't know I shouldn't of fed her. I have given her a bath cuz she got very poopy (just a bath in warm water) and she was very happy to have one last night. Anything else?? Okay thank you so much!!!

Thank you for that further information. I'm not sure if you are just stressed but your last message came across as a little bit irritated. I appreciate that you are probably anxious but we cannot help you unless we have information. Has her crop gone down any since you massaged it? Does it feel any different? Is she comfortable with being massaged? Has her poop changed in consistency.... is it still runny and white or has she passed anything more solid and or brown? How much poop is she passing? A photo of her poop might help. The squash and potato are probably ok as long as they were well mashed up but an egg would be better. I would not give her grated carrot as it might add to the impaction. Does her breath smell sour?... When you are holding her to massage her, you should notice quite easily if her breath smells bad.

Oh no I am not irritated at all I am very greatfull. Um her breath is kind of stinky her crop didn't go down to much I don't think she minds when I massage it. She pooped out a greenish looking poop and she has pooped out a LOT of white stuff but no more poop has come out I am going to make he an egg... I am pretty sure that won't make her an egg eater? Okay next time she poops I will take a pic.

Sorry, I just read those ?? and !!! as you being a bit exasperated.... it's so easy to misinterpret text.
I know it must be a bit daunting dealing with this and I have to be honest with you, her prospects are not good once they have lost a lot of weight.
If her breath smells bad, then you are going to need to treat the yeast infection that is causing it as well as keep massaging. Women's vaginal thrush cream is probably the easiest product to get hold of to use and you are going to need to get her to swallow it.... maybe mixed with some egg if she will still eat.
I was hoping that you might have seen an improvement in her poop since you started massaging her crop. Sometimes there is a noticeable increase and that would be encouraging as it would suggest it is the crop where the problem lies. I've spent as long as a fortnight massaging a crop to get it broken up when it was partially impacted and I've had to do surgery twice when I couldn't break it up, but I have never personally dealt with a sour crop.

PS. No, feeding her a boiled egg will not make her an egg eater.... if you are lucky enough that she survives this. I would mix the mashed boiled egg with a little water to make it easy to eat.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom