don't know if she will make it through the night! Need Help NOWWWWW!!!!!

That is great news! Being hungry suggests to me that the sour crop may be coming under control. Yes, give her a scrambled egg by all means and the broth too. The breathing issue may be because she aspirated some of her crop contents. I've had one recover from that without treatment and giving her antibiotics right now, when she is battling with sour crop, would not be good, so fingers crossed she can turn things around with your TLC.
Well done and keep up the good work!

Thank you all so much I think we might make a full recovery!!! I could not have done it on my own!!! I thank you and she thanks you A LOT!!!

She is walking around now she is being VERY PICKY about what she will eat and she won't touch eggs I got her to eat some spinach that was the only thing she would eat. she flaps talks and drinks like crazy one time I was in the shower and she had gotten out of her umm... bed bin thing and sat on my towel when I got out I was like how did you do that?

also I am kicking myself for doing this: her toenails had gotten out of control and were growing fast bcuz she had not been whering them out by walking running scratching and digging. and I know that some animals wont walk on a foot with nails that are too long... So I used the doggy toenail clippers we had and clipped off I guess to much... but it looked really small. and I think you know where I am going with this. But not to worry we had that powdery stuff that stops the bleeding but I with I had not done it I feel awful.

also I gave her oyster shells (that she wont eat) with mushed up grain. she is not eating as much as I would like but she is not trying to starve herself. Sooo...

Anyhow THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear she's feeling better. It's been a long slog. Are you providing grit for her? Granite grit is different from oyster shell, since the latter dissolves inside the chicken and the granite grit does not. She needs grit or she is at risk for developing impacted crop.

A tip for those trying to trim chicken toe nails. Snip a teesy bit at a time and watch for a "dot" to begin the appear. That's a sign the quick is coming up. Stop when you see this dot and you can avoid bleeding.

Sand will work if the grains are angular and not round and if they average an eighth of an inch in diameter. It's similar to having sharp blades on your garbage disposal. They grind up the food in the gizzard much better.

Back
Top Bottom