Don't tell the wife, I'm growing fodder in the 2nd bathroom!

Shucks, if I end up having to take the wife out for a make up dinner, that will cost a lot more than what I save on growing the fodder....I guess I did not think that one through very well. :hit

The cost of dinner out might be worth the wild acclaim you'll get with updating your article. Some days it's all about the intangibles.

Can you take her out to the bathroom and so let the fodder pay for itself, with any left over for the birds?

My wife is NOT a vegetarian! She won't eat a lettuce salad let alone a bin of green barley fodder. I, on the other hand, have been trying to eat more and more plant based foods and less and less meat in my diet. I enjoy a nice salad and often sprout a variety of beans, seeds, etc... for my salads. I don't know how barley sprouts would taste, but as others have mentioned, it used to be a thing back in the day.

Thanks for this thread, @gtaus. You're a hoot, I don't care what your wife says. I'll bet you've invented/ created/ designed some interesting things in your day. C'mon, don't be modest ... what's the weirdest thing you've fabbed up?

:eek: What? You've been talking to my wife? Whatever she said about me, I deny it!

If you're unhappy with how much space you get to work in, and you're hiding something from her because you think or know it's going to make her unhappy, I'm not so sure things are working out well for you. Two reasonable adults should be able to come to a solution that would leave both parties satisfied.
Think of it this way: is she going to be more upset if you politely ask her if you can grow chicken feed in the bathroom, or when she finds out that you've hidden something from her because you think she's going to be unreasonable about it? Would you like to have her hiding things from you instead of asking you about them?

My wife is NOT a vegetarian! She won't eat a lettuce salad let alone a bin of green barley fodder. I, on the other hand, have been trying to eat more and more plant based foods and less and less meat in my diet. I enjoy a nice salad and often sprout a variety of beans, seeds, etc... for my salads. I don't know how barley sprouts would taste, but as others have mentioned, it used to be a thing back in the day.

If you eat the barley sprouts I'd like to know what you think of them. DD1 buys sprouts from the farmers market. They have barley & she's almost bought them, but after eating spicy mustard & radish sprouts barley seems sooooo boring.

I know the chickens would be happier with barley. Every time she shares her spicy sprouts with them they give her the evil eye & look pretty p.o.'ed. :lau

Back
Top Bottom