Don't worry people....

maple

Songster
9 Years
Apr 28, 2010
I've loaded up on carrots.

I couldn't remember where I was on the carrots when I went shopping and they were having a great deal. I got home and saw I already had 1 small bag and 1 large bag. And now I have 4 more small bags.

Well...I could send some to Missisippifarmboy seein how he needs to eat his veggies....

I've never made carrot soup....hmm...what to do...what to do....

Quote:
Funny, I just did the same thing. Bought a huge bag, got home, went to make room in my fridge and discovered I already had a huge bag, still mostly full. I'm not worried though... I have a house bunny who loves carrots!
bun.gif

I've got a house bunny too but if I give her too many she gets the runs. ....
bun.gif
,,..,.., ew bunny....no.

I just bought a bag of shredded carrots for the roosters (and hen). They loved 'em! I went to the coop, poured them out, then walked home, and by the time a went back an hour and a half later the whole bag was gone!
lol.png
Gatta love 'em
roll.png

Last edited:
I made the same mistake last week with celery. Nobody needs this much celery.

Now where did I put that Peanut butter................?

Alton Brown has a recipe for pickled carrots that looks tasty. Heres the recipe.
Firecrackers
Ingredients
1/2 pound mini carrots
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups cider vinegar
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon chili flakes
2 dried chilies
Directions
Place carrots in a spring-top glass jar. Bring the water, sugar, cider vinegar, onion powder, mustard seeds, salt, and chili flakes to a boil in a non-reactive saucepan. Boil for 4 minutes.

Slowly pour the hot pickling liquid over the carrots, filling the jar to the top. Place the chilies in the jar. Allow the carrots to cool before sealing. Refrigerate for 2 days up to 1 week.

Back
Top Bottom