Dosage of calcium citrate for a duck

Warwickchickenhill

Songster
6 Years
Jul 30, 2017
I have three Welsh harlequins one is having a problem with softer shelled eggs the other two are fine they do have free choice oyster shells at all times my question is what is the correct dosage of calcium citrate

i got this because they say aim for around 600 mg in this has 630 and they also say you have to get the kind that has D3 also which this does. You can give them as many as one a day for up to a week if there's still a problem. I actually like using the liquid calcium gluconate that I get it tractor supply better, and I give it one ML with a syringe (no needle) very carefully down the right side of the ducks throat a little at a time letting them swallow so they don't aspirate.. if you have never given liquid meds before be sure to watch a video on how to do it before you go for it I'll see if I can find a link.. but yeah, even with the pills you have to make sure it doesn't go into the trachea

Attachments

• C338F8E9-9AFF-4D10-997C-16F20460DE95.jpeg
    C338F8E9-9AFF-4D10-997C-16F20460DE95.jpeg
    242.7 KB · Views: 2
i got this because they say aim for around 600 mg in this has 630 and they also say you have to get the kind that has D3 also which this does. You can give them as many as one a day for up to a week if there's still a problem. I actually like using the liquid calcium gluconate that I get it tractor supply better, and I give it one ML with a syringe (no needle) very carefully down the right side of the ducks throat a little at a time letting them swallow so they don't aspirate.. if you have never given liquid meds before be sure to watch a video on how to do it before you go for it I'll see if I can find a link.. but yeah, even with the pills you have to make sure it doesn't go into the trachea
Thank you very much the bottle I got at Walmart also has the D3

Back
Top Bottom