Double air sack and cracked egg (duckling still alive)

Ricechristy

In the Brooder
Jun 1, 2017
So this week my little ducklings were due to hatch. Saw movement heard peeping and then nothing. I candled the eggs and saw no movement and when I opened the eggs they had internally pipped and then died. Out of the 10 that made it to lockdown 4 weren't any good and had died earlier on. Four had made it all the way so not sure what went wrong and totally gutted about it. The last egg has a double air sack one at the top and one at the end as normal so I wrongly assumed it was a gonna. I made a small hole in the side air sack and the duckling is alive and moving about but I can still see the yolk. I've covered the hole with a paper towel and I'm keeping it extra moist but I don't know what else to do (if anything) it is day 27 today. As a side note we did have trouble with the temperature last week so can only assume that caused the deaths. Update: We are on day three of having a hole and the duckling is still alive and kicking and seems to have stretched into the end air sack

I dunno what to say??? This ia link of how i explained how to intervene read it carefully....
sorry about this....
temp and humid?
Thank you for your reply. I can't see the link although it could be how it shows up on my phone. It's definitely the temperature that caused it it just started rising massively one afternoon and we could not get it down. We have managed to stabilise it now but obviously too late for the others.

Back
Top Bottom