Doublewide Dwellers?

hmm.png

Last edited:
Ok back on topic now.

I looked at a bunch of stick built houses when we first started house shopping. The tiny houses on tiny land were priced so much more than my manufactured home. We're very happy here. Wouldn't trade it for anything...well I would for 20 more acres.
big_smile.png

Well I would not mind living in one! But DH hates trailers or anything that moves from one place to another and the walls are not thick enough. Believe me, when I was out shopping for a manufactured home, back in 95, I saw the difference in trailers I know of in the 60's and 70's which the walls were so thin and highly flamable.

I say that the manufactured home is every bit like a stick built except for the way they go about erecting it. I saw some on kind of channel how manufactured homes were built, there were 2 x 4's and full insulation battings like we do for stick builts, and all the excuses I heard from hubby that those trailers, mobile homes, manufactured homes, modulars are ALL built alike, cheaply and poorly built and run for your money!

I say, start your debates on those kind of structure parts, plumbings, electricals, etc. and we love to move out in the country. I doubt if our bank will finance us for that part. Anyway, house markets sucks here....

Hey Wildsky- I have a stick built.....literally, built in 1728...I am one of those silly people who paid to much with to little property, but up here in CT, you dont have a choice! Butdont worry, not everyone knows everything....well at least I dont. You should be able to ask...hence the whole learning forum thing!
smile.png

Love everyones pics. It is just as fun looking at people homes as it is coops! Its like HGTV! Thanks for sharing, they look great!

Remember when a person from England posted many months ago a question about where to live in the US? Remember how startled she was to find out that our houses are almost always made out of wood? I guess in Europe they only make them from brick or stone or something... So everything's relative.

There's a good old fashioned "trailer park" in my town that's been there since history started. Some of the homes are lovely and well cared for, and some look like they've seen six hurricanes in a row. It's all what you make it, same as anything else in our lives.

Back
Top Bottom