Dougie has hurt herself again!

I've started on the aspirin, having cut the tablets down to about the right amount, bear in mind they're just a bit smaller than pekins, not too small, not too big, pretty medium-
she's taking it happily in half a grape, and I'm also adding nutrients to the water and boosting niacin in their feed. Every little helps I think. By this morning the pain relief had worn off, so I think I got a pretty accurate view of how she is with her leg- still a really bad limp and lying down a decent amount, but definitely putting a little more weight on her foot. The leg felt pretty warm, but I still cant feel or see any swelling. Hopefully the aspirin helps while she heals.
Despite the very noticeable limp, you better believe she RAN to the breakfast bowl, only about 2 foot away from her. So its good to see she still has her appetite lol

hi all, we need some advice rn, Dougie isnt doing good at all. When I came in, she had to use her wing to help herself stand. I realised quickly that she was physically shaking violently, all her leg and the wing above it. She is also panting ridiculously hard, I know its pain related because this is the coolest day in weeks. Her mouth is so wide open and I can hear her panting. I'm pretty scared for her. I just gave her anither aspirin which she is due now anyway

hi all, we need some advice rn, Dougie isnt doing good at all. When I came in, she had to use her wing to help herself stand. I realised quickly that she was physically shaking violently, all her leg and the wing above it. She is also panting ridiculously hard, I know its pain related because this is the coolest day in weeks. Her mouth is so wide open and I can hear her panting. I'm pretty scared for her. I just gave her anither aspirin which she is due now anyway
here, this is right now
@Miss Lydia @ruthhope @Quatie @New duck mommy 2021 @casportpony

its been an hour and shes still panting so hard, shes just laying there breathing so hard her whole body is moving... Could it be a laying problem? i'm very doubtful, she laid last night too, but Im so worried about her Im considering everything. I think she may have fractured her femur bone or something, she panics if I try to feel her upper leg and she seems to be getting worse instead of better

Did she lay today? Sorry my internet has been down again. It won’t hurt to give her some cal glu if she’s able to swallow.
she laid one this morning, I did give her calc gluc last night as it was a worry I had, but she laid as normal- So I dont know, I'm still a little anxious- she's just finally calmed down, stopped panting and gasping and is resting, I think the aspirin finally kicked in and is giving her a little relief. I just recently turned their light out for sleep so she can rest and sleep now (shes been wide awake for hours looking exhausted), do you think its still worth giving her the calcium?
She is able to swallow and has been drinking sips of water here and there

Back
Top Bottom