Drained Hen Doing Better!!!

I decided to drain Blue myself on 5/18 She did so well!
We set up our little hospital in the bathroom. I sterilized the entire room and I gently wrapped her in a towel, cleaned the area with colloidal silver spray, I inserted the 18 gauge needle right near where the Vet did last time. I let it drain from the needle the color was clear light yellow it did not smell bad or foul. I did this for about 20 minutes then removed the needle and set her down on top of a clean towel in the bathtub. I had a food, treats, and water for her, which she started eating right away. She continued t drain for a few more hours. I brought her back outside with her sister late in the afternoon and she was great! She is a different girl now! Her abdomen is completely empty of fluid and she is much lighter in weight. I used my pendulum throughout the procedure to make sure she was doing ok, she actually fell asleep for a little bit. She didn't show any signs of discomfort at all during or after. I also dowsed for information regarding a treatment plan for her now that she has been drained. I came up with
2 pellets Hepar-Sulp 30c
2 pellets Silicea 30c
2drops 120ppm colloidal silver mixed with 1/4 capsule of Chaga mushroom powder
gve her 2 sprays of 20ppm colloidal silver
twice per day. We are now on day 3 and she is doing great! She has been taking a few more naps I noticed but I think she is on her way to good health again. VERY HAPPY!!!! I am just wondering if I should bathe her little bum because the feathers that got drained on are looking a little rough. I was afraid to bath her right away because I don't want to introduce any infection where she was poked. I think it has completely closed by now.

Thanks Lots of information:) I have been researching and researching for months now!! So far Blue is doing very well!! She is still eating, drinking, scratching, preening, dust bathing & pooping just perfectly!!! I am so glad I got the courage to drain her on my own and so glad that she did well with it! looking at her from the back she looks perfect!

Hi

Well done for draining her yourself. I know that must have been scary and taken a lot of courage, so you have every right to be proud of yourself.
The fact that she is not laying is a concern and I think she may be laying internally instead. This is where eggs are released from the ovary but fail to enter the oviduct and drop into the abdominal cavity instead. They are basically just yolks at that point, so not full size eggs. This may be causing the fluid build up but there will also be a slow build up of egg mass too which unfortunately cannot be drained. Egg Yolk Peritonitis which your vet diagnosed, is when those yolks become infected and then the chicken becomes noticeably sick. Surprisingly those egg yolks can sit there in their belly for months and not get infected.... I had a girl lasted more than 9 months laying internally although part of that time was during moult and winter, when she was not ovulating. It was obvious, when she started again because her abdomen had been quite stable during that time and then as her comb got red in the early spring, her abdomen started to swell again. Sadly she didn't make it.

I am a little sceptical about homeopathy, but I wish you luck with it and I think it is great that you are taking the time to document your efforts, which hopefully will help others in a similar situation.

Good luck with her. You are doing a great job!

Best wishes

Barbara

Thanks, Barbara:) Yes it was scary to drain her but It felt so good to see her feel better afterward! So far so good, she is still not laying and I realized she is actually 3 years old, time flies! Her comb shrunk a lot after the drain but it was looking more normal yesterday. I pray that she will get better! The vet did an ultrasound and said she saw something but after I drained her I did not feel anything just loose skin. Thank you so much for the encouragement:)

Blue is still doing well, her appetite is good, her abdomen has not grown & her spirit is great! Both of my girls are having watery poops, I think this is because it was very hot here for a few days. I have been continuing her healing with the pendulum and prayers. I dowsed for a new treatment and found that she only needs two sprays of colloidal silver on her abdomen, two drops of colloidal silver mixed with Chaga mushroom, coconut oil, and Coq10. I found a capsule form of Coq10 at Nob hill & that is perfect because she doesn't really like eating sticky food. I am so glad she continues to do well! She isn't laying eggs but I think it is ok with her body right now. Maybe she won't lay anymore! It seems that is what might have caused her problems to begin with! I do clean up her poop from under her perch every day and I spray everything down with colloidal silver just to clean anything that might be there. The callouses on her feet are better now and She seems to be gaining her normal weight back. Her keel is not as bony as it was way back in March! These hens just hide their illness so well, but I am keeping such a close eye on her I don't think she can get away with getting underweight again!

Blue did really well for the last week, but she now has orangish yellow liquid pouring out her beak she is hunched over & puffed up has white watery diarrhea & has no interest in eating. This started two days ago beginning with a full crop in the AM and when I picked her up, yellowish orange goop comes out of her beak. She had a small shrunken, dark-tipped comb. She doesn't come out of her house when I open up the coop today. I don't want her to suffer, she seems so miserable I am going to see if I can get her to the Vet and probably let her go if there isn't any improvement. Its Saturday & I know her Dr isn't in but she will call me back. Poor girl, she did so well after the last drain. I dowsed for information with my pendulum and it says that she is going through the "chemo" part of her healing where everything bad is coming out of her. She drank some water on her own and she is now drinking the water off the grass her eyes are healthy and her comb isn't purple at the tips it is now a normal red not bright or light and it's still shrunken. I am going to keep giving her positive healing energy & love while I wait to hear from the vet.....

If she will eat, I am limiting her intake to her organic non-GMO feed, water and brown rice. She has been off the colloidal silver, coQ10 & Chaga because our syringe broke I tried to mix it with some rice or oatmeal but there is no way to know if she eats much of that since we have another hen and two dogs and a cat that eat that snack too. She hasn't eaten much for two days now anyways. The last thing I saw her eat was a really really big worm....

Sounds like Blue is a very happy hen :) or as happy as she can be right now.

You seem to be doing pretty well here, I myself don't have much advice.So I just have to say good luck!

Back
Top Bottom