Drakes and a rooster together?

Quacking ducks

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
May 31, 2019
Hi, I have 7 ducks and 2 drakes and now we have 13 baby chicks that we can’t get rid of so we might end up having to keep the 8 hens and 1 rooster, but I wasn’t sure if it’s a problem to have the rooster in with my Drakes and ducks. Will the drakes and rooster fight? Has anyone had experience having ducks and chickens together? Thank you

Our roosters try to challenge our drake's, but get scared when the drake tries to fight back so they run away lol
*But it's pretty rare so they usually get along just fine. It's mostly when the roo is at the water bowl, our flock of ducks all come for a drink and push the roo and some hens out of the way

Hi, I have 7 ducks and 2 drakes and now we have 13 baby chicks that we can’t get rid of so we might end up having to keep the 8 hens and 1 rooster, but I wasn’t sure if it’s a problem to have the rooster in with my Drakes and ducks. Will the drakes and rooster fight? Has anyone had experience having ducks and chickens together? Thank you
I have 6 ducks, two of them drakes, together with two roosters and a pair of geese. Occasional bickering but no major issues. But, the ducks were the last in the pen. I would still watch them in case it doesn’t work.

I was just wondering because one of my drakes has been a big problem lately he won’t leave the seven ducks alone it doesn’t matter if it’s the other drakes girls or not so the boys get in fights sometimes not too bad though. I kinda doubt that’ll change once we put the chickens in with the ducks, i’m sure he’s gonna end up going after the hens and I don’t think the rooster will like that

My son had a feral rooster turn up -- he had a pekin drake, two pekin females and a muscovy female.

The drake and the rooster fought although the rooster was not the aggressor, it was the drake defending his territory. We had to rehome the drake with my drakes [because he was bullying the female muscovy]. After that the three females and rooster live in peace. The rooster is confined to my son's shed overnight -- because of his cockadoodling at 3am. But all free range int he garden during the day. The female muscovy obviously thinks the rooster is a muscovy drake as she willingly consents to the rooster mounting her each morning.

Attachments

• 20220203_105025.jpg
    20220203_105025.jpg
    414.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom