Driving with incubated eggs?

Johnchickens2

Songster
7 Years
Apr 18, 2017
One of my broody hens sits on infertile eggs. I contacted one of my friends who is a breeder and lives about 30 mins driving from my house. He has some eggs in the incubator, he says it's 5 days already. I thought of driving there when the eggs are about day 18 and to get a few eggs to put under my broody so she can hatch them herself. In the meantime she will stay with the infrtile eggs she has. What is your opinion? Is it possible? Won't the chicks die inside while driving?
That's the only way I can get her chicks. I don't want to risk putting the chicks after the hatch under her because she might not accept them....
Please, your opinion. Thanks!

One of my broody hens sits on infertile eggs. I contacted one of my friends who is a breeder and lives about 30 mins driving from my house. He has some eggs in the incubator, he says it's 5 days already. I thought of driving there when the eggs are about day 18 and to get a few eggs to put under my broody so she can hatch them herself. In the meantime she will stay with the infrtile eggs she has. What is your opinion? Is it possible? Won't the chicks die inside while driving?
That's the only way I can get her chicks. I don't want to risk putting the chicks after the hatch under her because she might not accept them....
Please, your opinion. Thanks!
A 30 minute drive with eggs very near hatch day won't kill them.

Thank you! And how should I transport them? Will an egg carton be fine? Should I also wrap it with a towel or it will prevent air?
I would put them in an egg carton...I don't think I would wrap them up. You don't need to prevent air.

Back
Top Bottom