dry skin on you

sundance

Songster
12 Years
does anyone have dry skin, I mean the kind that makes your hands arms and legs scale and crack, If so i have found a great thing that works, an old herb lady told me to get some natural organic coconut oil and rub it in good after your shower every night. You would think that it would really be greasy and stain you PJ's but if you wait a couple min, usually while I dry my hair it has soaked in and for the first time in years I don't have to hide my arms in the winter time.I buy mine in the natural food section of krogers, Only thing it's almost $7.00 for a pint, but it last for a long time. You can also use it to put in your hair or cook with it, to expensive for me to cook with but I love the soft feeling on my skin the next day after using it. marrie

We have tried that along with corn huskers and every other product you can imagine. The ONLY thing that works for 24 hours for DH is a bath in 2 capfuls of extra virgin olive oil. It's the only way he makes it through the winter. So, if it stops working for ya there is another option!
smile.png

My skin is really sensitive, and with some products I'll break out with just a touch of anything with the tiniest bit of fragrance - or worse, it'll burn like the dickens! I haven't always been this way, but I guess in my ripe old age of 32, I've had a few changes.

For now, despite its fragrance, I've been having great results with plain old cocoa butter lotion. As for chapped lips, the only thing I can use anymore is straight vasoline. It's quite depressing as I always loved using lip balms that would tingle my lips the most - mainly because it would cause my lips to get red and I wouldn't have to worry with lipstick.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom