DS Assaulted At School!

Kid got 3 days suspension! That is it!!!!
barnie.gif

Took son in to see the eye doc and found out he came within a hairsbreath of losing sight in that eye!
Going to tell the super that and present the kids parent with the bill.

We are watching him closely. There was no sign of it until the next day. The bruises on his face just showed up this morning. There was nothing there last night.

FlaRocky he had trouble for years with bullying. We took him to a therapist for several years and he also get's to meet with a therapist in school too.

Law enforcement is getting involved. The super changed the rules last year and any fight in which fists fly the cops are called.

I am not in favor of suing for every little thing, but I think you would be well advised to consult a lawyer. Being knocked unconscious for 15 minutes is not trivial. Problems resulting from this may not show up for months, and you need to be able to sue for medical costs, if any, down the road if need be. An attorney can advise you about this.

Here, parents are responsible for only up to $2000 for damages their kids do. Which usually doesn't even cover the first ER trip no less tests and follow up care as needed. If their parent doesn't willfully hand it over, then, at a much higher cost than the $2k that can be recovered, an attorney has to be hired. The DA had bigger fish to fry and wouldn't follow through on the guys that did that to DS. They take things like that more seriously now and hopefully the one that did this to your DS will be held accountable. Hoping your DS has an uneventful speedy recovery.

Quote:
In many jurisdictions it is possible to sue the kid directly. Although he cannot be held responsible until he is of age, the suit can be renewed until he is of age. Personally, I think the parents in this case really need to consult an attorney. If this kid has suffered serious health problems from this, they need to be held accountable. an attorney can advise them of their best options.

In many jurisdictions it is possible to sue the kid directly. Although he cannot be held responsible until he is of age, the suit can be renewed until he is of age. Personally, I think the parents in this case really need to consult an attorney. If this kid has suffered serious health problems from this, they need to be held accountable. an attorney can advise them of their best options.
If you do sue make sure they have something to sue for. These suits usually amount to an uncollectable debt and a lawyer bill for the plaintiff.

If you do sue make sure they have something to sue for. These suits usually amount to an uncollectable debt and a lawyer bill for the plaintiff.
And frustrated people. We've had a personal injury case ongoing for over 2 years. This is a very slow and expensive process. I wouldn't take it on for anything less than traumatic brain injury. Usually causes more stress to the plaintiff's then it's worth.

Wow I hope that kids expelled thats more than just a fight at school i'm glad he told you.I hope that kid gets in big trouble thats just NOT okay Didn't the school notify you when he got knocked out?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom