DS assaulted by kid at school.

Suprised they even admitted it.In my sons case they liked to deny anything happened,and if they did acknowledge abuse they would just tell the other kid to stop/don't do it again.Pretty lame response for a blue ribbon school with anti-bully policies in place. I gave up after 4 months and pulled my kids out of public school.

Hope you get some resolve and that it won't happen again.Hugs for your child.

Go in and talk to the priniciple.
Find out why you were not called.
Accept no excuses, because there are none.

Had similar thing happen.

I know this kind of incident should not be sllow to happen but boys will be boys specially when they are playing sports. I would say there use to be more fights at schools, it just gets reported more now days. I would say this happens all the times and mostly goes unreported at all schools if there is no broken bones, black eyes, lots of breeding, etc..

Quote:
When I was in younger there used to used to be a lot of fights, specificly on one kid. the treachers broke them up and thought that was it. After awhile the kids stopped physically fighting with him, but turning his friends on him, verbal abuse and stuff online which was harder for the teachers to control.

chickensducks&agoose :

My 7 1/2 year old son was assaulted by a 6 year old at their school today. The kids were playing soccer at recess, and apparently the younger kid felt angry because DS had the ball. He leapt on DS, knocked him down, punched him in the neck, and dragged him backwards by the neck of his sweatshirt. DS is not a big kid, and i'd say the 6 yr old is about the same physical size. I got 2 phone calls from the school today, regarding a bee sting DS got on his eyelid, and didn't hear a word about this incident until pick up time, when my kids both told me. I went straight to the office, and the receptionist directed me to the principal, who said he'd planned on calling me after he had a chance to talk to the teachers after school.. I am furious, and think i should have been called immediately after the 'attack'. back me up?

Just to be safe I think I'd take my kid to the doctor's if he had a blow to the neck and then was dragged. I'd want some proof of injury if problems crop up down the line. That school is responsible for the children in their care.

And yes, the school should have let you know what happened, even though they had not finished their investigation.​

pips&peeps :

Sorry to steal the thread, but what ever happened to the kid assaulted by his teacher????

If I remember right, the teacher and her daughter was charged. Probably fired. I don't know anymore of the court issues.​

Back
Top Bottom