Duane Urch stock locator

exop

Crowing
15 Years
Jan 10, 2009
NW Indiana
In fall 2018, Duane Urch and the Urch family retired permanently from selling poultry, after maintaining a huge number of breeds and varieties for 50 some years.

Who out there still has birds purchased from Urch Turnland poultry?

This includes people who purchased "special breeder quality" birds from Stromberg's through 2016, as Urch provided those chicks.

We should commit to breeding them and keeping them going if possible, and letting anyone we sell to know where they came from.

I'll go first: I have Houdans purchased from Urch Turnland in 2013, Cubalayas from 2012 and 2013, WC Black Polish from 2012, Crevecoeurs from various years.

I have a friend with Urch Crevecoeurs and La Fleche from circa 2006.

Who else is out there?

Urch's Campines, Javas, Buckeyes, Silver Grey Dorkings and Narragansett turkeys were all considered noteworthy, so I hope someone out there still has them.

Last edited:
In fall 2018, Duane Urch and the Urch family retired permanently from selling poultry, after maintaining a huge number of breeds and varieties for 50 some years.

Who out there still has birds purchased from Urch Turnland poultry?

This includes people who purchased "special breeder quality" birds from Stromberg's through 2016, as Urch provided those chicks.

We should commit to breeding them and keeping them going if possible, and letting anyone we sell to know where they came from.

I'll go first: I have Houdans purchased from Urch Turnland in 2013, Cubalayas from 2012 and 2013, WC Black Polish from 2012, Crevecoeurs from various years.

I have a friend with Urch Crevecoeurs and La Fleche from circa 2006.

Who else is out there?

Urch's Campines, Javas, Buckeyes, Silver Grey Dorkings and Narragansett turkeys were all considered noteworthy, so I hope someone out there still has them.
I have Urch Buckeyes and La Fleche. I also supplied Duane with a Buckeye cockerel one year.

Since starting this thread, two people with Urch Golden Campines have come to my notice; one has had them for many years, and one got them shortly before the end.

Back
Top Bottom