Dubbing Istructions?

I raise O.E.G.B.'s and have dubbed many. They don't seem to be in pain or mind it at all. Infact, I have had some to crow at me during the dubbing process and as we all know, roosters don't crow unless they're feeling good.
smile.png

Quote:
I plan on making one as soon as i can get a capture card for my camera, unless someone beats me to it... Then i'll just pass that one around. I've looked everywhere and couldn't find any videos myself.

I have a couple of oegb's that I need to dub. I have never done it before. I will be doing one of the cockerels tonight. I wish that there was a step by step video of it being done. Here in NY we get very cold winter nights, and I know the birds will be getting frostbitten. So I figure better to dub them, than deal with the frostbite.

I was told that "dubbing" has to do with the beak. I bought some chickens from an unscrupulous breeder who had cut the beaks off of some. The practice, at least around here in southern PA and Northern MD is called dubbing. I was told it was to stop them from pecking one another. I have one bird right now who's beak is so short she can't preen herself. She also has trouble eating like the other birds do. I feel so sorry for her. I think it is cruel and inhumane.

Quote:
no , that is not dubbing

Also as some on pointed out dubbing pervints frosbite , in climtes like mine this is often good for a brid like laghorn or any other breed with a large comb.

Back
Top Bottom