Dubbing My Rooster Need Advices

Saaniya

Crazy Chicken Mom
6 Years
Aug 31, 2017
New Delhi India
Hello Everyone ..

My rooster tootoo whose 8 months old having some comb problem I see yesterday Its winter here ,
his comb is very large big thick and floppy covers his one eye completely..yesterday I notice his floppy fold side is very much folded and some creases appreas that's very folded he's in difficulties to drink water from his bowl and eating also in walking though ..

He need Dubbing ..And I have all the things I'm telling u brief I brought Local Anesthesia LOX 1% Topical But Unfortunately It Has Pain Relief ..Anyway
I've a pair of surgical scissors
Some 1 Bottle Blood Stop Powder
2 Bottles Of Rubbing Alcohol
1 Packet Of Cotton
1 Tube Of Betadine & 1 Bottle Of Betadine Liquid
1 Tube of Antibiotic Cream "Suframycin"
1 Tub Of Antiseptic Cream "Boroline"
1 Packet Of Refined Wheat Flour
2 Towels
1 Big Box (For Resting)

my mom will dub his comb ..
I want to ask how to treat any secondary infection after dubbing process as his comb is big and foldy will bleed a much ..how to manage ..how to minimize pain

p.s he's very very sweet roo he's very sensible and he's my baby its an emergency that's why we decided for dub

Pls pls pls help ..

IMG_20171226_193331.jpg

Last edited:
That's a REALLY big comb. It's going to bleed a lot. Any chance of having him dubbed by a veterinarian who could cauterize the removal ? I don't see much chance of infection - topical antibiotic ointment would be advised, but I am concerned about the bleeding.

Yes dear ..he's a leghorn roo
My fellow friends said its normal to having giant comb in Leghorn ..

No dear here's no vet very well in chickens also I talked to a vet he said he can't cut it ..

Some of my friends dub their chicken at home with no medicine and vet

I also see videos on utube

Yes dear ..he's a leghorn roo
My fellow friends said its normal to having giant comb in Leghorn ..

No dear here's no vet very well in chickens also I talked to a vet he said he can't cut it ..

Some of my friends dub their chicken at home with no medicine and vet

I also see videos on utube
I have never in my life seen such a large comb even on Leghorns, but hot conditions make them grow larger combs, so I guess it's not unusual for India. I'd have your friends do it, then, since their birds survived.

I have never in my life seen such a large comb even on Leghorns, but hot conditions make them grow larger combs, so I guess it's not unusual for India. I'd have your friends do it, then, since their birds survived.

Yes u r right we have massive summers reach almost 42°C ..
My fellow friends chickens comb not this much large ..and we want our family persons do as Tootoo (my roo) don't feel comfortable in other people he shout a lot in outside peoples ..he's so much friendly with me & my mom that's why

Yes u r right we have massive summers reach almost 42°C ..
My fellow friends chickens comb not this much large ..and we want our family persons do as Tootoo (my roo) don't feel comfortable in other people he shout a lot in outside peoples ..he's so much friendly with me & my mom that's why
I see.

I'm very worried about bloodloss
I've all essential vitamins ready in my hand after the procedure ..some say to tie it before cut to.minimize bleeding .I got anesthesia too it namely LOX 1% but it contains pain relief drug ..

Also any way to minimize bleed we are try to save his life ..he's comb getting big n big ..I contact the shop I got him from they say that maybe its genetic

Back
Top Bottom