D'uccle Thread

I have 2 hens...only 1 is producing at this moment- I think. We are not making hatching odds to well.
We are putting eggs in the incubator tomorrow, I hope to have one more egg to go in, that will make 6 eggs. How long can you store turned eggs before tossing them into the bator?
Wish I had a couple new hens, but I don't see that happening in a while. Hope you all had a nice sunshiny day.

Quote:
Hi Cynthia...I answered you several posts back and told you mine can "Fly Like Eagles"...however, my outside runs are 7ft tall x 12ft wide and 20ft deep, so they dont get a chance to do the soring eagle thing to much, but they can, and I have seen them fly up into a 10+ ft tree
smile.png

Quote:
The 'silver' ones have the best down on their middle toes. But #1 was a toe nibbler for a while (despite piles of food) so her toes and Ms Fragile's toes are kinda bare.
Can't wait to see how Ms Fragile feathers in. So far her feathers are only golden.
#1 may be a blue mille or mille. Hard to tell this early.

Ok, but they are/were 'correct' at birth, right, and your happy with them? Be honest...I can take it. PLUS I really do need to know what others are hatching from my birds. Going to try and post new pics of silver chick so we can compare
smile.png
If your not happy, I'd really like to know
big_smile.png

Thanks my dear friend
hugs.gif

Misty

Quote:
Hi Cynthia...I answered you several posts back and told you mine can "Fly Like Eagles"...however, my outside runs are 7ft tall x 12ft wide and 20ft deep, so they dont get a chance to do the soring eagle thing to much, but they can, and I have seen them fly up into a 10+ ft tree
smile.png

I completely missed that, sorry! Some days, this thread goes way too fast. Or maybe I just read too fast and miss stuff, LOL.

Quote:
smile.png

I completely missed that, sorry! Some days, this thread goes way too fast. Or maybe I just read too fast and miss stuff, LOL.

LOL, dont feel bad, I do the same thing
wink.png

frow.gif
Hi GC!
Got snow? ( I crack myself up)

Anyway, any recent pics of your potential silver mille babies? Mine are feathering to slowly and I need a fix
tongue.png

Of your babies, the feathering has begun, but the 2 potential SM's have the best toe feathering by far. The midget is still coming in solid, with no pattern. The oldest looks to be a mille.

Of my babies that I hatched a couple of weeks before, I have 2 definite whites, a definite porcelain, and the 2 tone chick is going to be black mottled (I think). The white feathers are starting to get black pushing the white to the ends of the feathers. I'm glad to see that actually!

I think my baby porcelain is a hen, but no guaratees yet. I'm going to take her to GA and sell her on the 19th. She's a pretty little thing but I have no other porcelains and no room or desire for more.

Folks, I am really seriously on the fence about keeping my remaining goldnecks. Had I not bought the white pair, I'd have had room for them. But with the white pair, plus the project set and the possible lemon pair, (and 2 sets of millies) I have more cockerels than I can keep apart. Unless I get rid of my silkie/showgirls, and I am not willing to do that.
And now I have potential silver milles that I'll want to hang onto for a while.

My eyes are too big for my coop. Something's got to go. I'm thinking it will have to be the goldnecks. So they will probably leave on the 19th when the porcelain baby goes, because I need space ASAP.
And if I sold them as a goldneck trio and a butterscotch trio I could make some $ to use to feed the rest of my spoiled babies through this long and ice cold winter....

Quote:
hugs.gif
to you too! Can't wait to see the recent pics.
I'm not sure about the mille's toes. One minute I think she looks scanty on the middle toe, later I wonder if I'm just seeing things.
The midget almost got her actual toes eaten, so it will be a while before I know anything about her. Any guesses on who her parents are? Have you hatched out any solid d'Uccles that are a baby mille gold and not at all a gn gold? I'm wondering if she'll be blue mille, and not get the extra colors until later....
The 2 potential silver milles have heavy middle toe feathering made of down, so I have high hopes for their feathers. They're only a day behind the others, and yet are feathering in MUCH more slowly. I'm thinking that's the lavender gene at work.

Very pretty babies so far!

WGC Wrote: " Hi GC!
Got snow? ( I crack myself up)

Anyway, any recent pics of your potential silver mille babies? Mine are feathering to slowly and I need a fix

Of your babies, the feathering has begun, but the 2 potential SM's have the best toe feathering by far. The midget is still coming in solid, with no pattern. The oldest looks to be a mille."

On Lori, you just crack me up too. YES IVE GOT SNOW
barnie.gif
more than I care to even think about so
tongue.gif
to YOU lady! LOL, joking! Seriously though, 4ft and rising
th.gif
so I suppose the old saying "No Rest For The Wicked" applies to ME right now. Still scratching head as to Y, but ya know....Glad toes look good, makes me feel a lot better. I'd take your gn's but dont know how we'd get them here, so I suppose I'll have to pass
hit.gif

WGC Wrote: " Have you hatched out any solid d'Uccles that are a baby mille gold and not at all a gn gold? I'm wondering if she'll be blue mille, and not get the extra colors until later...."

I do have 2 babies that appear to be the same "flat" (used loosely) coloration with no pattern yet. I also have a blue MF pullet hatched from same eggs but was obvious within a few days. These "unmarked" babies have me baffled as well. Guess we're gonna have to wait and see what they turn into and then comp. notes on progress??
hu.gif
That's the only thing I know to do, but am hoping they are going to be either lemons after molt or a very fine soft colored wheaton!
thumbsup.gif

ETA: Sires in the group are 1 MF, 2 Lemon, One Dun/Khaki (sp?) solid.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom