D'uccle Thread

Quote:
lau.gif
I have a friend in NJ who is somewhat vertically challenged. I love to ask him if the drifts are over his head yet. I may crack myself up, but rarely anyone else... Actually, hh takes it well, and has stated that he can no longer fling the shovel up high enough to keep his driveway clear, and will soon be parking in a tunnel.

I wish I could get the gns to you. But not happening, with this weather for SURE!

I tried to get a friend to take them, even offered to pay feed if she'd just tend them until I had room for them again. Silly woman wants standard-sized birds though.
It makes more sense to sell them. It would certainly allow me to keep more of the babies I'm hatching. And then I could also keep the 'lemon blues' with a clearer conscience. They are certainly getting to be gorgeous gals!!

Lori,

Will you be attending the Carpet City show in March? Sorry to miss you in Newnan,GA. I am venturing north to NJ that weekend! Lucky me..
roll.png
cold wet slop to frozen tundra.
Maybe I should be visiting my sister in Tampa!
wink.png

Quote:
lau.gif
I have a friend in NJ who is somewhat vertically challenged. I love to ask him if the drifts are over his head yet. I may crack myself up, but rarely anyone else... Actually, hh takes it well, and has stated that he can no longer fling the shovel up high enough to keep his driveway clear, and will soon be parking in a tunnel.

I wish I could get the gns to you. But not happening, with this weather for SURE!

I tried to get a friend to take them, even offered to pay feed if she'd just tend them until I had room for them again. Silly woman wants standard-sized birds though.
It makes more sense to sell them. It would certainly allow me to keep more of the babies I'm hatching. And then I could also keep the 'lemon blues' with a clearer conscience. They are certainly getting to be gorgeous gals!!

OHHHHHH, I would dearly LOVE to see your LMB's...I bet they are just gorgeous now that it's been a couple weeks since last pics. I'll get my cam loaded with new batts and take/send what Pics I can of all the new kido's for ya
wink.png
BTW, you always manage to crack a smile w/me...

Quote:
Not sure yet. Which day is it? It's not on my calendar yet. I can't on the w/e of the March 4-6, due to a non-birthday party (4th) and orchestra dress rehearsal (6th).
And the 11-13 is an anime convention in Atl that my DD is dying for me to take her to. She insists she's quite literally dying to go, and flops around like a gigged frog to prove the point <sigh>

Quote:
Awesome CP! Keep me posted and let me know how hatching goes.KICK SOME TAIL-FEATHER @ THE SHOW
thumbsup.gif

I'm going to go "out on a limb" and tell you ALL, I have the best luck hatching these guys with HIGH HUMIDITY, and when I say high, I mean 90%. Feel free to bash me due to EVERYTHING else that states differently, but for ME it works and they hatch like POPCORN!!! I defy all odds possible in every way possible but it always seems to work. Go ahead and start throwing rotten apples, I'm geared up, in my camo and dug in!
hide.gif

ETA: PS, NO...I do not have drownd out, or wet nasty hatches by doing it this way. I have a very HIGH hatch rate on D's Silkies and my Faverolles!

Last edited:
I guess I am doing good in the snow department then only about 2 Ft.
We are supose to get more on Monday. Temps are not to bad only -20C at night.
The wife thinks we need to move permanently further south where there is no snow.

The D's have desided that the snow is to deep now to venture outside yesterday and today.

Just to give you all an "idea" of our situation....here is a *not so great* pic of my 11moth, 118lb rotty male out in the snow yesterday! Haha...do we have snow WGC ??? HAHA

39809_rottensnow.jpg

Quote:
OMGoodness Doug...are you serious -20? I'm well, burrrrrrrrrrr buddy. That's just terrible. Hang in there tho!

Back
Top Bottom