D'uccle Thread

Quote:
How very sweet! Great pics Cynthia! You give those babies a chance to mature a bit and I bet you see more color as they grow. Nice structure on your lil man
thumbsup.gif
Like that high set tail.

Quote:
Hi Grace, Nice to see-hear from you. Yes, I'm trying hard to produce the lemons and silvers so us USA peeps can have more variety to work with. How are things down your way? Cold???

Quote:
How very sweet! Great pics Cynthia! You give those babies a chance to mature a bit and I bet you see more color as they grow. Nice structure on your lil man
thumbsup.gif
Like that high set tail.

Thanks, I'm liking Beau. He's the least skittish of the three and looks like he'll have a nice comb, too. I realize they are hatchery babies and I may opt for breeder types in the future (gee, maybe silver! LOL), but since I'm new to D'Uccles, they're fine for getting acquainted with the ins and outs of this particular breed.

Cyn they are very cute little guys!

GC, no more babies when I got home, well an EE but no d'Uccles. They will be staying in for a few more days to see what happens. I am hoping for at least 2 more.

I must share this with you guys! I was searching for a article I thought I read at one point on D'uccle colors and this came up, what a scream! Its got to be official, the handshake! Ha ha ha
BackYardChickens Forum / D'uccle Thread - Backyard Chickens
8 posts - 3 authors
Is that anything like the secret handshake of poultry passionates? You step up to your fellow D'uccle breeder, as each of you open your hand out flat, ...
www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=5623862

Quote:
SnowHunter, I am so glad you're having fun with your babies! CreamPuff is a perfect name for that sweet-looking boy. I sure hope his siblings find good homes as well.

Does anyone remember the egg that was laid by my lavender hen at the show last month in GA? It hatched last night!
White father, lavender mom, baby looks blue mottled. Which is funny, since the older chick that's nottled is definitely more black than blue. Will get pics later!!

AC, I sure hope you have more d'Uccle babies soon
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom