D'uccle Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by muscovy94, Nov 21, 2009.

1. lilcrow

lilcrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    New Vienna, Ohio
    Quote:16% is good for adults or older adolescents. I have stopped feeding scratch all together. It has very little nutritional value and they will pick it out and fill up on it rather than eating their real food (crumbles). Scratch is the equivalent to candy, so I don't recommend it at all. I suppose if it's VERY high quality and I'm not talking corn, you could get away with feeding it a couple of times per week............a very little bit maybe as a treat to make you feel good, but it's not good for them.

2. lilcrow

lilcrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    New Vienna, Ohio
    Quote:It is not a great picture-it was raining here all day yesterday so I brought him in the house to get a picture, and he was a little nervous about it. He is 5 months old.
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/23598_mr_bojangles_009.jpg

Looks like your young roo has potential! Can't wait to see him after his next molt. The roos seem to get better with each molt. The hens...some look better, others show their true genetics with age. That's what I've experienced.

ditto................looks very nice to me.

3. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    Quote:Looks like your young roo has potential! Can't wait to see him after his next molt. The roos seem to get better with each molt. The hens...some look better, others show their true genetics with age. That's what I've experienced.

ditto................looks very nice to me.

His daddy placed very well (BV? BoB?-not sure) at the Connorsville Show in IN at 8 months old. The judge was surprised he was that young-he said they weren't usually that good until 2-3 years.

4. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    Quote:what colors do you have?

I am keeping 2 pens of mille fleur, a pen of black, and pen of self blue. My self blues are all very young due to breeding some improvements to them over the past year +.

I did have whites but I sold them this summer, and I have a quad of goldnecks but am selling them to keep another pen of mf. I live in a subdivision, so I have as many pens as I'm going to get [​IMG]

you have the colors i want lol goldnecks, self blues, and mille's. do you sell the eggs? (also do porcelain)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  5. Moonchild

Moonchild Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Spartanburg,SC
    Today LOVE was Shared!!!!!!

OK OK OK ..... The MilleFleur d'Uccles are HERE!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Oh the Babies, I'm not use to ones so tiny.....
    [​IMG]

This one is....."Dude we are trying to nap....Stop with the phone...We get it, We are Cute!!!" [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Can I get a Cute Cute
    [​IMG]

Oh Amy Mucho Praises!!!!!

this is from Teddiliza's breedings!!!

I"M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!

6. BlueCamas

BlueCamas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    I finally got some d'Uccles!!! I picked them up at the Oregon Swap today and I'm in love.
    The porcelain
    [​IMG]
    One of the millie fleurs looking quite cheeky
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. springsrun

springsrun Out Of The Brooder

Aug 2, 2011
    Fauquier County, VA
    What darling little chicks!! I am new to chickens in general and got my first d'uccles this summer. I can't believe what characters they are! I have a pair of mille fleur and four black mottled pullets. Plan on getting a black mottled rooster this spring. Yours are so sweet...I'm already looking at incubators. I've been lurking and reading everything on this thread and really enjoying all the info and the pictures of course!
    Janet
    Marshall, VA
    http://www.springsrun.com/

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  8. NateinFL

NateinFL Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2009
    Wesley Chapel FL
    Aww I haven't had new babies hatch in months now I miss the little ones! Can't wait to start them back up in the Spring. Good luck with your babies!

Quote:

9. luvmy33chicks

luvmy33chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2011
    Long Island
    Just wanted to share these pictures.
    The blue one (she does has some variations in her coloring but nothing like the beautiful porcliens I see pictures on here of) is Millie 2 1/2 years old. Got her from a couple who were no longer keeping chickens.
    The other is She-She 6 months. Got her from the local feed store as an Easter chick. My 5 year old loves her to pieces.
    He named her and brings her in the house to play all the time.
    They are a bit fluffed up in these pictures. Took them while they were in bed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. teddiliza

teddiliza Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Oh how sweet! You have to send me more pics as they mature!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by