D'uccle Thread

Any one know?
Their mom is self blue, not sure about their dad. From a distance they look self blue, but up close, they have some gold markings in their feathers but not porcelain.
are they in the sun a lot, are the feathers completely this color or is it just the part that can see the sun?? i have a self blue thats bee sun bleached

Last edited:
Any one know?
Their mom is self blue, not sure about their dad. From a distance they look self blue, but up close, they have some gold markings in their feathers but not porcelain.
Are they siblings? If so, then you'll probably end up reinforcing the leakage. If not, then it may be invironment or feed.

Feed with a lot of corn in it can enhance yellow in legs & feathers. I've been told this by quite a few breeders of both standard & bantam showbirds. Some breeders feed a lot of corn to enhance the yellow, some eradicate it from the birds' diet to get rid of yellowing. Just depends on the breed traits.

Sun can also cause some yellowing.

It could also be that they had porcelain somewhere in the heritage, and they could throw you some porcelain chicks.

You can't be sure until you breed them!

Here's a pic of my black mottled roo w/ leakage. Can't wait to see what his chicks look like!

he probably has Millie Fleur in his background say one of his parents it looks like
Who told you he was black mottled with leakage?
He is mille fleur in coloring. He may have black mottled in his genes, but he is expressing pure-looking mille fleur.

Traditionally, red leakage is only on the hackles. The rest of the bird would be black with white spots if it were black mottled.

Who told you he was black mottled with leakage?
He is mille fleur in coloring. He may have black mottled in his genes, but he is expressing pure-looking mille fleur.

Traditionally, red leakage is only on the hackles. The rest of the bird would be black with white spots if it were black mottled.
thats actually what popped in my head first was that he was a mille...

Back
Top Bottom