Duck attacked by a raccoon

Hey guys. Quick update. He’s doing well. He has a little weak chirp when he sees me. But he’s still not eating and barely drinking. He had a few sips of electrolytes. I don’t know why but he’s been standing all day. I was just able to comfort him and he’s finally lying down now. Any ideas?

Hey guys. Quick update. He’s doing well. He has a little weak chirp when he sees me. But he’s still not eating and barely drinking. He had a few sips of electrolytes. I don’t know why but he’s been standing all day. I was just able to comfort him and he’s finally lying down now. Any ideas?
He may be nervous about laying down. Laying down is a more vunerable position for him. After what he has been through, he may be afraid to lie down. It may take him a while to feel safe again. They are very smart, so negative experiences can leave quite an impression on them.

It is always possible that laying down is left comfortable than standing, but less likely

He may be nervous about laying down. Laying down is a more vunerable position for him. After what he has been through, he may be afraid to lie down. It may take him a while to feel safe again. They are very smart, so negative experiences can leave quite an impression on them.

It is always possible that laying down is left comfortable than standing, but less likely
Thanks for all the help Quatie. I will try to give him a little bit more electrolytes today and hopefully by tomorrow he will start to eat.

Hey guys. He isn’t eating yet. Drinking a bit more though. He’s seems to be very sleepy still. I went to bathe him and clean his wounds with a saline solution and he falls asleep whenever I pause from running water over his head. I took him outside in my arms for some fresh air. There’s this thick liquid on his eye that is fully shut and I’m not sure what it is. I ran warm water over it and tried to clean it up but it seems like it’s part of his eye lid or something. I don’t want to try and pull it out w/o knowing what it is.

Back
Top Bottom