Duck attacked by a raccoon

Pics
There are different antibiotics to treat different ailments. Have you researched amoxicillin - its mainly used to treat bacterial infections.
Yes I’m worried that the raccoon bite may have caused a bacterial infection. His wound seems to have healed up and his eyes seem to be getting better.

Yes I’m worried that the raccoon bite may have caused a bacterial infection. His wound seems to have healed up and his eyes seem to be getting better.
I'd research it first. I've never seen anyone giving amoxicillin here on BYC. But, if you at least research here, you will find answers.

What is the percentage? Or can you take a pic of the package you have?

I found this, it has instructions on how to mix, but that would be good for only this percentage if that makes sense.
1634511192755.png

Also, how is the ducklings neck?
His neck is still the same. I’m not sure if it has even improved yet. That’s why I didn’t tube feed and just squirted food inside his mouth instead. At least he’s eating it. Also I’ll send you a picture of the antibiotics asap.

Thanks for the reply. Do you what what egg withdrawal period means? I searched it up but don’t quite understand it.
It just means you don't eat the eggs that the bird lays for a certain amount of time. But, that doesn't have any affect on your duckling since its definitely not laying eggs.

Back
Top Bottom