Duck dislocated toe?

Bdubnmbr11

Hatching
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all

My khaki was pretty limpy so inspected her feet and it looks to me like her toe could be dislocated where it meets her heel. Or it could be broken, but to me it feels like it’s dislocated.

Does anybody have experience with this? Is a dislocation common?

She’s going to the vet, but they can’t see her for three days and I’m just a little anxious to figure out what’s going on

Attachments

• 3E8B2126-8CE6-4063-8C2F-41165F3A7E40.jpeg
    3E8B2126-8CE6-4063-8C2F-41165F3A7E40.jpeg
    450.5 KB · Views: 29
My duck had a similar situation, except she couldn't walk at all. We rushed to the emergency and they suspected it was either a dislocated joint or a break. It turned out to be neither but they were very surprised.

Here's a photo of it.

Attachments

• E1CF0103-A991-4EEE-AAB9-1D477724EDE4.jpeg
    E1CF0103-A991-4EEE-AAB9-1D477724EDE4.jpeg
    177.3 KB · Views: 14
My duck had a similar situation, except she couldn't walk at all. We rushed to the emergency and they suspected it was either a dislocated joint or a break. It turned out to be neither but they were very surprised.

Here's a photo of it.
Thank you for the reply. Did she have some sort of infection?

Thank you for the reply. Did she have some sort of infection?
Unfortunately, we still don't have answers. My duck is 7, though. For your case I think since our ducks' feet look very similar and my vet was so sure it was a simple fracture or dislocation you probably don't have much to worry about.

If I were you I would try to limit your duck's mobility as much as possible by putting her in a small crate until you can get her to the vet.

Back
Top Bottom