Duck egg pipped early , need help on this

Saaan13

Songster
Jul 6, 2022
I have 2 ducks on the rollers and I went to candle one and saw a pip , what should I do , I want to increase humidity but there is also another egg in there which may not be ready for lockdown so what do I do ??

Should I do a safety hole ??

Attachments

• CE30B90A-E9F3-4FE4-97AE-67CB53230BB2.jpeg
    CE30B90A-E9F3-4FE4-97AE-67CB53230BB2.jpeg
    191.5 KB · Views: 14
I have 2 ducks on the rollers and I went to candle one and saw a pip , what should I do , I want to increase humidity but there is also another egg in there which may not be ready for lockdown so what do I do ??
Increase humidity anyway.

How far along is the egg that pipped?
How far along is the other egg?

Should I do a safety hole ??
No. Just leave it alone to do its thing.

Increase humidity anyway.

How far along is the egg that pipped?
How far along is the other egg?

No. Just leave it alone to do its thing.
There both on day 25 and the one which hasn’t pipped has no changes , checked it under candle light and hasn’t gone into air sac unlike the other. So idk what to do ?

There both on day 25 and the one which hasn’t pipped has no changes , checked it under candle light and hasn’t gone into air sac unlike the other. So idk what to do ?
Is the pip through the shell to the outside, or is it only inside the shell?

Is the pip through the shell to the outside, or is it only inside the shell?
It’s pipped to the point where it’s opened the egg but it’s not opened it fully to the outside yet where the egg shell goes onto the floor of the incubator

It’s pipped to the point where it’s opened the egg but it’s not opened it fully to the outside yet where the egg shell goes onto the floor of the incubator
Then raise the humidity, and leave it alone. It is doing fine.
Expect a duckling sometime in the next two days or so.

Meanwhile, have you read this article on assisted hatching?
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/guide-to-assisted-hatching-for-all-poultry.72886/

The article talks about how to assist, and when to assist, and when NOT to assist.
Assisting too early will often kill the baby bird.

Back
Top Bottom