Duck needs help

2colegroves

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jan 29, 2013
Kermit, WV
My duck has had injections for three days of the tylan 50, her joint is still swelled real big and hot, I was in high hopes that these injections would make her better, There is no vet in my area will treat poultry, does anyone know what else I can do. She was so unhappy when I kept her away from the other ducks in a box, she now eats and acts normal except she hops on one foot. My heart is broken for my little duck. Don't know what to do. Her leg is still hot. Seems to swell bigger every day and she is getting an injection of Tylan 50 1/2 cc every evening. So down hearted
hit.gif

Maybe try a warm compress to get it draining? Maybe even wrap warm teabags on it? I know it sounds hokey, but worth a try? Maybe even have her swim in a warm bath to get that leg soaking?

Last edited:
Maybe try a warm compress to get it draining? Maybe even wrap warm teabags on it? I know it sounds hokey, but worth a try? Maybe even have her swim in a warm bath to get that leg soaking?
She swims in the creek,she lays in mud, I figured she lays in the mud to cool it off.

From what I have read so far, I think my duck has a broken leg.

Back
Top Bottom