Duck piped with blood - help!

Chickycammy

Songster
6 Years
Feb 15, 2018
North Carolina
First of all, I'm sorry for posting so much, I feel helpless with these.

I have 7 duck eggs altogether, 3 left to hatch within the week. 2 piped yesterday morning, 1 of those got itself half out but is just sitting in the shell resting, I don't think it's absorbed all its yolk and the second is just resting still. I'm not too worried about the one with the yolk problem as from what I can see without removing it from the egg, there's just a pea size left to absorb and it's first 2 siblings are doing great even though they did the same thing.

Just a few minutes ago I went to look into the window of the incubator and saw that 2 new eggs have piped. One has piped at the wrong end and is bleeding, there is blood around the hole but I can see it's little beak moving. The other seems fine.

I haven't seen bleeding with a pip before, should I worry? Is there something I need to do? Turn it on its side for the blood will flow out and not drown it or what? This is freaking me out.

@Mysticalys
I wanted to let you know that the baby hatched today. It's bruised, looks like a broken wing near the shoulder, broken ankle, and a swollen eye. Yet, it's alive, talking, moving and even drunk some water. The shell was caked with blood and clots all over. I'm thinking all that blood caused swelling in its body and did the breaking/swollen eye. It absorbed all it's yolk and had no bleeding near there so I'm just hoping that it'll heal well and be a healthy adult.

Maybe post a picture

Here is a pic. Some of the shell fell off when the other baby hatched out fully, I don't want to move that duck until it's dried off.

Attachments

• 20180309_185001-1[1].jpg
    20180309_185001-1[1].jpg
    677.8 KB · Views: 22

Back
Top Bottom