Duck Pond/pool pictures

Pics
hello, love what you did, where did you get the netting for the roof? That is my next step since a hawk got one of my girls...

I just love your pond! I was enjoying the plants all around it and wondering how you kept the ducks from eating them! THEN I continued reading and had to laugh...I thought it was a great idea to put some pompas grass by the water...they devoured it in about 5 minutes!
Very pretty pictures though and a beautiful pond!

This is my pond that I will be using as part of my fly pen it is 18 foot round 3.5 foot deep I use a pool skimmer and a pool sand filter converted to a biological filter by using 1" pvc pipe cut into 1.5 inch lengths enough to fill at least 12 inches of the filter then I used 3 washable furnace filters to top it up then I ran the return water through a natural filter I made up of a small pond filled with cattails works good the last two years did not have to use uv lights at all.Oh and if you notice the roofs on all the shelters all slope towards the pond to keep it naturally filled with rain water! And after all that the most important thing to remember is to reduce the amount of direct sunlight the pond gets to much sun allows the growth of bad alagee in the pond and wont allow natural break down of waste ! I hope this was helpful to all about filtration of your ponds !

Last edited:
That is a gorgeous pond, but I don't see real live ducks on it.
welcome-byc.gif

As I said in the posting it is the pond I will be using right now I actually have them in the house on a similar set up just a smaller version it is 6' by 20' and 20" deep same filter and pump my hen call duck is actually hatching a clutch of 11 this week on it the mandarins not yet the **** drake call is still a little to bossy still for them to hook up properly!

Back
Top Bottom