Duck with bleeding nose

Savager

Chirping
Nov 14, 2018
I went to pick up my drake today, and I noticed he had blood collected around his nostrils. Checked him out and the inside of his nose was bloody too. Also couldn't see through to the other side like normally. Went out and took pictures a little later, and he had already washed the blood off his bill but still had blood and looked blocked up in his nose. Took the best pictures I could to try and help. Can't tell if it's blocked with debris or dried blood. Not sure if I should treat it, and if so how. 1136DDE2-DB26-4C55-82F8-C1E4FFAFCF16.jpeg BD8EE81B-1F55-467C-BD77-C38AC1DE6CA6.jpeg CC00FC1C-7375-4EE9-913D-258CDFD3D382.jpeg 33BA00B9-2D0C-42B7-A81A-B2948F857AC9.jpeg

How’s he acting? Doesn’t look like he’s had any trauma to his nares. Does he have a bucket to wash his face in anytime he wants too? It’s very important. Hopefully he’ll get the nares cleaned out so you can see if he poked something in there that caused the bleeding. Look inside his mouth at the roof of his mouth to for any punctures.

How’s he acting? Doesn’t look like he’s had any trauma to his nares. Does he have a bucket to wash his face in anytime he wants too? It’s very important. Hopefully he’ll get the nares cleaned out so you can see if he poked something in there that caused the bleeding. Look inside his mouth at the roof of his mouth to for any punctures.
Ok I will check him again today. And yes they have a little tub they can swim and dunk in. He’s acting normal, but I know sometimes they can hide their discomfort.

Eating and drinking okay? He may have just leaned over an got poked by a stick or piece of wire hopefully that’s it.
Just looked at him, and it looks like it’s cleared up, whatever it was. I can see through now. Can ducks just get nosebleeds like humans do? He just doesn’t seem to be sick and it looks like it was just dried blood blocking it.

Back
Top Bottom