Duck with broken top beak

Amber210

In the Brooder
Aug 14, 2017
Hi everyone,
I woke up this am and my Nut was missing his top part of the beak. I have no idea how this happened my dogs are in kennels in the house at night. He lives with two rooster and 3 ducklings right now and has free range of our yard. Any advice he is drinking and playing in his pool fine but eating I noticed is kinda hard. I know he may figure out after a few days of not much pain. He won’t eat out of my hand much less get near me but, I can make is food mushy by mixing with water. Does anyone think this will work? I have very limited funds for the vet.

Attachments

• 639FF9C9-9CC9-4F9D-9F0E-8C01B88712F4.jpeg
    639FF9C9-9CC9-4F9D-9F0E-8C01B88712F4.jpeg
    585.4 KB · Views: 13
The bill will heal (round off). If you can catch him, you should clean it as well as you can (remove dirt and debris). For the time being make him a mushy mix like you mentioned, and keep an eye on his weight. He might need to be shown the mush first/see that it's food to get the idea. Best of luck with him!

Thank you for the advice. I feel a bit relieved this am. I made the mushy food and he went to it like he has had it his whole life. I will catch him later today and clean his nose or what he hasn’t already cleaned off in his pool.

Back
Top Bottom