Ducking can’t straiten legs

Thunderduck9

Songster
Dec 2, 2017
N.E. PA
One of my ducklings a Pekin she is about 1 month old she’s been like this since we got her.can not straiten her legs,she walkes on her elbows this is a first time issue for me has anyone else run into this issue and if so what can be done,I’m thinking i may need to make her a pair of knee pads for her legs. I’m afraid she’s going to cause more damage to herself.She wont give in she try’s to follow the rest of the ducks around.

Some pekins do not get enough niacin in their regular food and will have issues with their legs. I've dealt with splay leg in a pekin and my advice is to get some liquid vitamin B complex ASAP - your local feed store, or amazon. It does amazing wonders and hopefully you can reverse this issue. If you post a video, maybe others can also weigh in on whether you should put hobbles on your duck to encourage the legs to stay in the right position. What is she eating? Does she get to swim - the bathtub can help exercise her legs. But the main thing is to get the nutrients she needs right away, or you won't be able to help her. Attaching a photo of one of what you need. Also, read the "sticky topic" at the top of the duck forum about niacin deficiency.

Attachments

• IMG_1136.JPG
    IMG_1136.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom