Duckling Diaries: the Life and Times of a Welshie Trio

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by BantyChooks, Apr 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. BantyChooks

BantyChooks Pullarius

Aug 1, 2015
    My Coop
    They didn't look super long when I checked for bumbles, and her ankle was pretty clearly swollen.

shawluvsbirds likes this.
  2. shawluvsbirds

shawluvsbirds "FAKE EILLEEN"

Apr 17, 2017
    Missouri
    Ah. Well dang. It can't just be something simple. :barnie

3. shawluvsbirds

shawluvsbirds "FAKE EILLEEN"

Apr 17, 2017
    Missouri
    How is the goat experience going?
    I haven't stalked you on the sister site for a while :gig

4. BantyChooks

BantyChooks Pullarius

Aug 1, 2015
    My Coop
    Pretty well! No more scary health issues, and I've got their hooves in better condition. They have been pleased with the new brush to nibble on.

BYC910 and shawluvsbirds like this.
  5. BYC910

BYC910 Crossing the Road

:frowNeed a goat dog ? Got goats need dog . :confused::lau Oh well one brick at a time .;)

6. BantyChooks

BantyChooks Pullarius

Aug 1, 2015
    My Coop
    Already got one useless mutt; don't need two of them. She thinks the goats are something to bark furiously at. Hi, K. :hugs

shawluvsbirds and BYC910 like this.
  7. BYC910

BYC910 Crossing the Road

Hi Patience :hugs I can fix you up I got eleven :th:lau They bark at everything but the goats :lau One hates the UPS van. :confused:Two are swamp rats ,one is a kennel destroyer . One just had five puppies . One is super old and the other will not let me near her:lau Every body need at least two right :confused: Plus side I haven't lost anymore goats to coyotes :yesss:

shawluvsbirds and BantyChooks like this.
  8. BantyChooks

BantyChooks Pullarius

Aug 1, 2015
    My Coop
    Eleven! Do you have a shred of sanity left? One is my limit. I find most dogs irritating. I'm more of a livestock gal myself.

9. BYC910

BYC910 Crossing the Road

I'm not now,nor have I ever been sane :rolleyes: ;) Amazing dogs for the most part . They stay with the flocks . Come around when it's time to eat .I just keep up the swamp rats at night . We bought them as puppies . These are Pyrenees working dogs . Guarding the goats is what they live for .I have no use for junk dogs . Hope to sell puppies to help feed cost . They guard the chickens too.They take turns eating so one is always with the goats .Walk through a flock of chickens like they aren't there .

shawluvsbirds and BantyChooks like this.
  10. Tevyes Dad

Tevyes Dad Leader of the Quack

Apr 22, 2014
    Montana
    Looks like you all had a little June party here on Banty's thread...Hi all :frow

Of course, I came late to the party... :idunno

We just had a little visit from a rodent friend. Guess he wanted a drink of water. Says something about nature when the duck poop pool is considered a good source of water!!! :sick

Thank the Greeks for plumbing!!! :bow

I couldn't get my camera out to catch the little guy, but the security cam is always on ;)

Also you can see part of the ducks' new half-as-steep ramp made of pressure treated lumber, composite decking and PVC. Complete with 45 degree grooming station.

The other two in the photo are (from top to bottom) Tella and Yvonne (MamaDux).:D

sq1.jpg
    sq2.jpg

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: