Duckling has broken Bill and dried tongue

SamiDragon

Hatching
Jun 23, 2016
Aloha, we just picked this little guy up. His bill is missing both sides of the top from the nostrils down. He eats and drinks fine. The issue right now is that his tongue sticks out, and the end is dry and rigid. How can we moisten the tongue so we can hopefully help him get it back in his mouth? There is a photo below.

Mahalo in advance

I took him because of his injury. The other ducklings in the cage were biting at his tongue and trying to pull it out. His tongue is stuck at the angle and sticking out sideways, he cannot put it in his mouth. Also, it is dried out, which is why I am hoping to find something to help moisten it for him.

I took him because of his injury. The other ducklings in the cage were biting at his tongue and trying to pull it out. His tongue is stuck at the angle and sticking out sideways, he cannot put it in his mouth. Also, it is dried out, which is why I am hoping to find something to help moisten it for him.

My Pug had a hanging out tongue..;)....If it's getting blood supply it won't dry out and fall off..:)...

It will possibly be just fine..:)....If it turns black?....Then be worried...

Last edited:
Aloha, we just picked this little guy up. His bill is missing both sides of the top from the nostrils down. He eats and drinks fine. The issue right now is that his tongue sticks out, and the end is dry and rigid. How can we moisten the tongue so we can hopefully help him get it back in his mouth? There is a photo below.

Mahalo in advance

I think as much as ducklings drink water it will probably be fine. I dont think it will stay in its mouth.
Thats so nice that you took it! I would have done the same thing
1f642.png
1f44d-1f3fb.png

As long as it has deep enough water to dunk its head it will be a happy duck i think. Its tongue will prob always stick out.

Back
Top Bottom