Duckling head deformity

They aren’t being mean to him at all. But he’s very loud and sounds scared. I laid on the bed and that seemed to calm him down. He’s really fast, really jumpy and skittish, unlike the others.
image.jpg

Wow! I hope the poor thing survives
You never know...

Can you get a clear, close picture of it? Never seen anything like it. I feel terrible though. I hope it's not in any pain.
3EFB7487-1350-401E-99C6-8CC1226DDE0D.jpeg

This is the best photo I can get because he’s so fidgety. He doesn’t seem to walk a lot, but he has an insane amount of energy for such a little thing, and jumps super high. I’m hoping he puffs up some more so that spot becomes less apparent and the ducklings aren’t too curious about it. Right now if they see it they peck at it.

Late night update: just put them all to sleep together. Little guy cries and cries if he’s separated from the others, so I watched them and it seemed okay to leave them all together. Right now they’re all asleep and cuddled up.

Does anyone have any advice with birds and wounds? How do I treat a duck wound? Assuming this guy lives, I’d like to at least try and “heal” his head so it’s not a gash.

Do you have Veterycin spray for wounds and infections? That is great stuff. Triple antibiotic is another.

How are they all doing this morning.
I do have triple antibiotic! That’s okay to use? They’re doing great. I seemed like they messed with him just a bit last night. But he seems like he’s living the life. He refuses to leave them all.

Back
Top Bottom