Duckling Imprinting Help Needed

Songster
6 Years
Jan 5, 2015
Hello!
I have 2 moscovy ducks (male and female) and about 30 days ago I put 4 of her eggs in the incubator, and all of them are viable! Only 5 days left till hatch and I'm very excited. I went out to the coop today and moscovy female just went broody on a clutch of eggs she hid in the corner... I want to put the ducklings under her when they hatch but I know that ducklings become imprinted on their moms really early and I was wondering if it would be too late to switch them from the brooder to the duck at a day old. I've had success putting chicks under broody hens before but this is my first time with hatching ducklings. Thanks!

I considered it but the eggs are already in lockdown and the duck is nesting kind of far from my house (it would take me probably 5-6 minutes to get the eggs to her) and I figured that it would be too risky. Thanks anyways

I considered it but the eggs are already in lockdown and the duck is nesting kind of far from my house (it would take me probably 5-6 minutes to get the eggs to her) and I figured that it would be too risky. Thanks anyways
The risks are higher trying to trick her with Ducklings rather than ones due to hatch..Best wishes...

Back
Top Bottom