Duckling not using right leg

jjg206

Hatching
Mar 22, 2017
I just bought 3 ducklings 2 days ago and one of them isnt standing and walking around like the other 2 are. She moves around by hobbling around to get water and food. Is this common with ducklings? Or is it more likely she is injuried? If so any suggestions on how to help her leg heal to use it? Any help would ve appreciated and thanks for you time.

Ducklings need xtra niacin . So make sure they are getting a good all flock crumble or flock raiser.
And add brewers yeast or nutritional yeast to their food.
I add 1 tablespoon per cup of feed.
Ducklings who arent getting enough often have leg troubles. Especially larger breeds of ducks. Like buffs, swedish, pekins..
what breed is yours ? And how old?
I would also give some supervised swim time to help exercise the legs.

I use the purina flock raiser i will get the brewers yeast and add that and they are about a week old. To be 100 percent honest i am not sure how old they are or the breed we were at the feed store to pick up chicken food and my wife has been wanting ducks for about a year so and they had 3 left so we got them. I figured it wouldnt be much different then chickens but im finding out thats not the case. I putt them in water but she still keeps the leg close to her body not streching it out. I need to find out how to post a picture to show you what kind they are still. Im new to this site and not so computer savy

Cute! They look like pekin ducks. Which grow really fast. Leg problems are common. I would make sure to get them the brewers yeast as soon as you can. Thats great they are already on flock raiser . Yes definatly look less than a week old in that photo. They will grow so fast you wont believe it! :) they are so much fun tho!

Back
Top Bottom